Things to check before accepting my Enyaq

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
boosh

Post by boosh »

Hi all,

The dealer called Saturday and said my Enyaq was in transit from the port to the dealership and said I should be able to pick it up on Friday! I just wondered what I should check before signing on the dotted line? I put a small deposit down when I ordered it but they said I could pay the remaining amount either before picking up or after I inspect the vehicle. It would be easier to pay before picking up so I can drive away Friday but would this be a poor move if something ended up being wrong with the vehicle?

I know a few people mentioned their suspension blocks had been left on so I will certainly check that the dealer has removed them but is there anything else I should check? I know some people on here who had also order the basic family pack mentioned they had to loose the electronic child lock in order to get their vehicle in any kind of reasonable time. My dealer hasn't mentioned this so I assume I will receive the electronic child lock. Very excited to get the car and get driving.
Enyaq 80 Loft. Heat Pump. 125KW. Family basic package. Quartz Grey. 5 year warranty. Orderd June 26th.

darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I would also ask that all relevant software updates have been done during the PDI
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
jamest

Post by jamest »

There is another thread where a checklist was made of things to check (and some common issues). I've pasted it below and made some comments in italic, and added some other items (headlights, heated seats).

• Panel gaps
  • Window surround trim
  • Tyre pressures (some reports of these being left too high, at the pressures they are inflated to for transport)
  • Sunroof switches
  • Headlights drive on left setting (some reports of the setting reverting to right on each start)
  • Interior light switches (some reports of switch not working correctly)
  • Infotainment functionality (not sure specifically what to check here
  • WiFi connectivity (?)
  • Timer charging (known issue with current software, not sure there is anything to check at dealer)
  • Navigation auto/Day/Night settings (some reports of night mode not activating)
  • Wireless phone charging (some reports of not working with latest large iphones, without a padding block)
  • Suspension block removal (some reports of these not being removed, particularly at front)
  • Default suspension setting (some reports of there being an internal suspension setting that can be set to hard, which only the dealer can change)
  • Air conditioning unit (There was a report of this barely working on one car, but may have been in eco mode.)
  • Window opening/closing settings
  • Stereo sound system
  • 12 volt battery charge
  • Heated seats at rear (some reports of one side only heating up if the other side is occupied, or something)
Last edited by jamest on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

@jamest That looks more like a Tesla checklist :D :D :D
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
desholly

Post by desholly »

Hi placed my order 7 august and was told expect delivery late November then told build date week 43 dealership call last Friday to confirm car has been build but we will have to wait until January 2022 before I will get delivery unless things change so disappointed.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Most of the things on that list are known software bugs that haven't been fixed yet. There's not really much point making your dealer watch as you check and demonstrate something that Skoda already know about and probably have ready to release in the software update due early next year.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

I think you should do the usual checks of is the body intact and has it got a wheel in each corner? then go off and enjoy it ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post