The Heat Pump Debate

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

BioHzrd wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:20 pm Our of curiosity can you preheat the outlander without it on charge? I'm away to get a commercial one for work and don't have a home charger yet ?
Yes, you can. It's not as clever as the Enyaq (being 7 years older), you have a choice of demist, heat or cool. It just runs the fans at full speed and the heater or aircon at full power (4kW) for 10, 20 or 30 minutes. Generally you only need 10 minutes except in the depths of winter when 20 minutes works well to defrost the windscreen. You can only have one timer per day though which can be a pain. This all applies to the model I have (2015 GX4h), it's possible that the later ones with the 2.4 litre engine may have better software. There is a phone app, but it has to connect to the car via wifi (the car's own wifi) so you have to be within 20m or so of it. You can start a heat/cool session from the app too.

It'll come with a granny charger, but be aware that the heater uses more than that can supply (4kW heater, 2.3kW charger) so you will use a little bit of battery (not much in 10 minutes though).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

mosub

Post by mosub »

At a more fundamental level, having blown the extra grand on the HP for our car, how do I even know that it's there?! Thanks to another contributor on this forum I found comparison photos of the engine bays of two E-Golfs, one with and one without a pump, but in the end I could only conclude that there are more refrigerant pipes in a pump-equipped car. Before I get to try and justify the extra cost to myself over the winter, I'd like to know that I haven't been done over by the factory or the dealer (though I'm sure both places are full of fine trustworthy individuals). Does anyone know of any visual clues as to the pump's actual existence on any given Enyaq? Apologies for muddying the waters of the thread...
iV60 Suite, Race Blue, various packs, 100kW charging, heat pump :) :) :)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ maybe if someone who knows they have a heat pump can take a photo of what’s under their bonnet, I’ll do the same (no heat pump) and perhaps there will be something we can see between the two?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

/\ while I haven't ordered the heat pump either. There will be a difference in the refrigerant so the sticker will be different. The air con uses r1234yf.
A car with the heat pump will have r744 (basically CO²) as well, so the sticker will have that on it too.

The refrigerant sticker (or additional one) would be an easy spot.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

BioHzrd wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:23 pm Pre hearing the cabin before a journey not the battery, battery pre heat is only beneficial for rapid charging

I understand it is beneficial to heat up the battery as well, that is why you would want to charge the battery before you leave (not when you arrive home for example)
https://www.electrifying.com/blog/green ... ectric-car
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

Ordered my 60 with heat pump but was concerned after reading posts about missing kit. Photographed label under bonnet LHS of front cover clearly showing R-744 code. So hopefully fitted or at least label attached.

Heat pump.jpg

darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I don’t have a heat pump and this is my label

935ED83B-F1FB-437E-B0A0-77D881F5AB03.jpeg

Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I'm finding it hilarious the amount of people who are thinking it's not going to be fitted to the car if you've paid for it !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

BioHzrd wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:08 pm I'm finding it hilarious the amount of people who are thinking it's not going to be fitted to the car if you've paid for it !

Covid has turned all car dealers into Arthur Daley :shock: :lol:
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I only wish I could take a picture of my car to show you the heat pump components

One day (maybe)
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post