Apple car play or Android auto

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I’m due to change phone soon and was wondering does android auto work via wireless like Apple car play does
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Android auto is Wireless in the Enyaq.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

I’ve read a post somewhere saying that Google maps shows in the HUD in Android auto can anyone confirm this
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

/\ I've asked the same question elsewhere and the answer seems to be thT the directions are shown on the HUD, but it does not use the augmented reality.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

on reflection I think I will stay with Apple
jamest

Post by jamest »

I just picked my car up, and with Apple CarPlay and Google Maps the directions are not shown on the cockpit screen, only the main one. I assume that means they wouldn’t show on the HUD either (I don’t have one).
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

jamest wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:55 pm I just picked my car up, and with Apple CarPlay and Google Maps the directions are not shown on the cockpit screen, only the main one. I assume that means they wouldn’t show on the HUD either (I don’t have one).

I have the HUD and can confirm that Apple car play is only viewable on the main screen
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

With the apple carplay, isn't that down to what apple allow with their 3rd party apps? I've read that apple maps does work with the cockpit screen, buy the likes of Google and waze don't as they don't get access to the apple api.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

Yep just been and checked and can confirm Apple maps shows up in the screen and the HUD

95928CE4-482F-4BA9-B3D2-60188458CE19.jpeg

BA92DFE3-358A-4098-A2B9-0E6E739B0ECF.jpeg

ABE41ED2-D49C-4F96-A0EE-AFDF1CC57111.jpeg

Daithi

Post by Daithi »

From what I have heard, Google maps will work on Android and Apple Maps will work for Apple with the HUD (Google Maps will not work with Apple at this time)
It will only show the turns and not the blue navigation aids.
Iv60, Moon White, Regulus Alloys, Fully loaded :D
Including Parking Pack, Driver Assistance Plus Pack, Comfort Plus Pack , Climate Pack, Convenience Plus Pack, Light & View Pack, HUD :ugeek:
Ordered November '21 (Expected by May '22)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post