Sudden drop in Range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

As per the title I have noticed my range drop from around 270-290 last week with temps of 13-15c to today maximum mileage of 235 miles with an outdoor temperature of 4-5c, that was driving on a roads from Norfolk back to Leicestershire, what will it drop to if and when it gets really cold. :shock:
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

What temperature settings did you have in the car? Higher fan heater temperatures will result in lower predicted range. Heated seats and steering wheel don’t appear to affect range as much as warming the cabin does.

By the way, my 80 is reporting something similar this week with these current colder temperatures- although I sort of knew in advance this could be the case; for me, anything over 200 miles during winter is a bonus.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Drop in actual range or drop in estimated range? The two are not the same. But yes, colder temperatures mean the battery voltage drops, and you use more power by heating the car to make it comfortable.

Heated seats, steering wheel and windscreen use around 100W each. The air vent heater can use well over 4000W. It’s always better to heat the people not the air, especially in a car with a large interior volume like the Enyaq. Also - preheat whilst it’s connected to mains electricity before you set off if you can.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Thomas419924

Post by Thomas419924 »

Would the heat pump make any difference in these temperatures?
:D IV80 race blue , Suite interior, heat pump , 125Kw fast charging, Climate plus pack .ordered Oct 16th 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Thomas419924 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:23 pm Would the heat pump make any difference in these temperatures?
Hoping you’ll be able to tell us soon 🤣👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

Car averaged 2.7miles per kWh the journey was 139 miles so 51.48 kw used, on my calculation that equates to a pretty poor (77useable x 2.7 per kWh) 207.9 miles which is some 100 miles less than the WLTP if it gets to freezing I would bet I will only get 150 miles.
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, it should. But as noted before it’s very difficult to compare say even my Sportline 80 with a heat pump (when it arrives) with another Sportline 80 without, unless I drove both on the same route under the same conditions (ie air temperature, speed, acceleration etc).

It should though because it’s moving heat about rather than converting electrical current to heat by passing it through a big resistor. Though even with a heat pump it’ll still use the resistive element for large cabin temperature increase demands.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

It’s a journey we make every week and in my ID3 in the summer we got the WLTP of 260 miles on a charge this dropped to 200 miles as the dark nights arrived, I sold the ID3 to buy the Enyaq as I didnt think for 1 minute that the ID wouldnt cut the mustard during the winter, it was doing less than 100 miles at motorway speeds :shock:
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

Heated seats, steering wheel and windscreen use around 100W each. The air vent heater can use well over 4000W. It’s always better to heat the people not the air, especially in a car with a large interior volume like the Enyaq. Also - preheat whilst it’s connected to mains electricity before you set off if you can.
[/quote]

I will try heated seats next week and report my findings ;)
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Yesterday at 14 degrees, 60 had 3.4kwh, today same drive at 4 degrees 2.4kwh.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post