Round trip planning on in-built Navigation

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Joeyjambo

Post by Joeyjambo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:31 pm

How do I plan a round trip from my home to a particular destination and then back home. I want to use the in-built navigation system so that it will tell me if I need to stop to re-charge.

RichR

Post by RichR » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:37 am

I don't have my Enyaq yet, so can only go by what's in the manual, which is a big vague. I did wait until 50 people had read this post before replying though, in case someone could answer accurately :)

You just need to add stopover destinations for the intermediate places you want to stop. Slide the map to the left with the tab to get to route overview and you can arrange the order and insert destinations into the route.
Ordered Aug 2021: Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW charging, Assisted Drive Plus, Transport, Heat Pump, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus.

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:31 pm

I belive the in built sat nav does program in charging locations, but i don't think it looks for certain speed chargers, so it could direct you to a 7kw ac.
I could be wrong on that bit though.
A more reliable option would be to plan the route using ABRP (a better route planner) and put that into the satnav/android auto/carplay.

Goaty

Post by Goaty » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Roo1980 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:31 pm
I belive the in built sat nav does program in charging locations, but i don't think it looks for certain speed chargers, so it could direct you to a 7kw ac.
A more reliable option would be to plan the route using ABRP (a better route planner) and put that into the satnav/android auto/carplay.

What I’ve found with ABRP is you’ll need a subscription for it to work with car play. I subscribed to Zap Map for the same reason but integration is awful in my opinion; I can’t view the map properly or select 3D when it does decide to work. So far I’ve stuck with the built in Nav, which seems decent enough. It does program-in charging stops when it thinks you need one - even altering a route later on if driving conditions require a stop which wasn’t foreseen at the start of the journey. So it will ‘look after you’ in this respect but sometimes it will show a stop that you’re not actually allowed to use. In fact I’ve found most of these EV apps seem to do this - eg show a place where you can charge, but it then turns out that you can’t because it belongs to, say, a Ford dealership for customer use only or is behind gates which are locked at 6pm.
iV 80 Loft ordered 25/5. Build week 36 (w/c 6th Sept). Black, 21”, 125kW, Climate +, Asst Drive Basic. (company car, replaced BMW 520d). Tethered PodPoint. Del: 4/11/21

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:17 pm

Goaty wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:09 pm
Roo1980 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:31 pm

What I’ve found with ABRP is you’ll need a subscription for it to work with car play. I subscribed to Zap Map for the same reason but integration is awful in my opinion; I can’t view the map properly or select 3D when it does decide to work. So far I’ve stuck with the built in Nav, which seems decent enough. It does program-in charging stops when it thinks you need one - even altering a route later on if driving conditions require a stop which wasn’t foreseen at the start of the journey. So it will ‘look after you’ in this respect but sometimes it will show a stop that you’re not actually allowed to use. In fact I’ve found most of these EV apps seem to do this - eg show a place where you can charge, but it then turns out that you can’t because it belongs to, say, a Ford dealership for customer use only or is behind gates which are locked at 6pm.
I agree with abrp and zapp map. I meant use ABRP to work ot all out and then put the chargers postcodes in to the satnav of your choice.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post