My Skoda app (on android phone).

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Unusable this morning - "cannot connect to server". There is a frost here and I thing all of Enyaqs in Europe were trying to pre-condition their cars.
Working now however ast 8c. Will keep it locked and have activated the AC on unlock as a backup.
Must say that without pre-condition it clears the screen much more rapidly than an ICE car when you get in the car.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

Perchede wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:29 am Unusable this morning - "cannot connect to server". There is a frost here and I thing all of Enyaqs in Europe were trying to pre-condition their cars.
Working now however ast 8c. Will keep it locked and have activated the AC on unlock as a backup.
Must say that without pre-condition it clears the screen much more rapidly than an ICE car when you get in the car.
Had exactly the same issue myself this morning. What is the point of having the ability to pre-condition the car through an app, if every time it is cold and you need to use it, then the Skoda server has insufficient bandwidth so becomes unavailable. For such a simple little thing, it is really annoying.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Took a few attempts on my iPhone this morning too.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
orrery

Post by orrery »

If it is any consolation, the Leaf app is exactly the same. It works fine until you really need it, then it doesn't.

I've long since realised that on a very cold morning at peak commute time, you are better going outside and starting it all manually. The Leaf app (or at least a 3rd party app "myLeaf") has a schedule setting to trigger the pre-heating which can be set up much earlier and works reliably. Does the Enyaq has a pre-heat timer in the app?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Rudesing

Post by Rudesing »

orrery wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:40 pm If it is any consolation, the Leaf app is exactly the same. It works fine until you really need it, then it doesn't.

I've long since realised that on a very cold morning at peak commute time, you are better going outside and starting it all manually. The Leaf app (or at least a 3rd party app "myLeaf") has a schedule setting to trigger the pre-heating which can be set up much earlier and works reliably. Does the Enyaq has a pre-heat timer in the app?
It appears to, although I've never actually tested it.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Same with the Outlanders over the last 7 years. Set timers in the car if you’re going to be using it at roughly the same time. Don’t rely on the app.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ians

Post by ians »

Hi All,

Had an email from Skoda Customer Services today that set out current and planned features for the App.
Email was irrelevant to me as I am still waiting for my Enyaq to be delivered but thought there maybe some interesting information for others.
As per usual no clear delivery dates stated for the new software release.

The fourth generation of ŠKODA Connectivity (MOD4) will offer enhanced system speed and stability and also allow for advanced functions on demand (FOD) and driver assist features in the future.

However, as a new platform the initial functionality will be limited to those that offer the maximum customer benefit for ENYAQ users. This means some functionality that is already seen on ŠKODA MOD2 and 3 vehicles will be delivered later.

The functions listed below will be available on ENYAQ iV from launch:
Remote charging
Remote air conditioning
Smart schedules
Online traffic information
Online route calculation
Online map update
Charging stations
EV trip planner

The following functions and services will be rolled out gradually through the MOD4 development cycle:
Online voice control
Parking spaces
Online destination import
Plug and charge
Range management
Charging statistics
Battery care mode
ŠKODA in-car office
Lock and unlock
Vehicle status
Driving data
Predictive maintenance (including service scheduling)
Vehicle health report
Parking position
Online anti-theft alarm
Functions on demand
Personalisation (including user management)
Car data exchanger
Breakdown call
Info call
and many more…

Hope the info helps and the promise of future functionality, without a delivery date, doe snot wind too many people up.
UK: Sportline 80x, 21" Betria wheels, Race Blue Metallic, Heat Pump and most options. No sunroof or tow bar.
Ordered end July, entered production week 38.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post