Cold weather range on iv60

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

@ Stripy, Thanks for that useful info 👍. I can’t remember - do you have a heat pump ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Thanks Stripy; good data and well done with that journey! 2.8 mi/kWh gives around 160 miles winter and if allowing 20% extra for summer gives approx 200 miles. Good enough to do generalisations for journeys and around what EV database is suggesting.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Goaty wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:48 pm I can’t remember - do you have a heat pump ?
Nope
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Just for curiosity, I tried Skoda UK’s websites’ range calculator - it says only 122 miles on motorway, with me assuming my trip could be classed as “winter”
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Stripy wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:14 pm
Goaty wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:48 pm I can’t remember - do you have a heat pump ?
Nope

Good to know - even more impressive then đź‘Ť
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
richlawr

Post by richlawr »

As I have only had my Enyaq 60 for a month it is difficulty to say how much range has dropped but it is frustrating not to offer me more than 200m on a 100 percent charge. I tend to charge my car up to eighty percent but then I will leave the car plugged in. On cold days ,before I go out , i change the charge setting of up to ninety percent on the app and switch the air con on to 22 degrees remotely so the car is nice and warm when I get in so I don't lose range unnecessarily . I have found the app doesn't allow you to switch on the air con if the car has reached the maximum setting . But lets face it a daily range or around 150-160 miles covers most things .If it is extremely cold i probably won't be on long journeys .
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

@richlawr,
Don’t beat yourself up just yet.
It is winter, but also, it is hard to compare the range against just the range.
What temp, what road, how are you driving, how is the car loaded, what is the weather like etc - so many variables.

But agree, that do what you can to pre heat whilst charging.
If the battery is too cold, it will start at first with heating that up. It is not like an ICE vehicle, and shouldn’t really be compared; it is a question of adjusting habits and getting used to a new thing - I guess, it’s like going from windows to Mac, or android to iPhone. YMMV
Just don’t give up that easy - you have got a brilliant new car :)
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

That 2.8mpkW (21.4kW/100km) sounds quite promising at those mixed speeds. I will try another run in Finland next week when it gets warmer (0ish with heat pump). I think at 0 the consumption was quite ok,but once it get below -10 it drops massively. Long runs are quite ok, but city runs having the car outdoors will increase the consumption to 30+kW/100km (2m/kWh). That is 100mile range... Ok not a problem in the UK, but in Scandinavia it is (somewhat)
Dave777

Post by Dave777 »

RichR wrote: ↑Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 pm And I’ll mention again that petrol and diesel cars also have a noticeable reduction in range in winter. But for some reason people get obsessed about EV range but not about petrol/diesel range.
The reason I sold my Subaru Outback 3.0 and bought an Outlander PHEV was that a change of job meant going from 60 miles a day of fast A road to under 10 miles a day of mixed roads. I went from over 350 miles to a tank to around 200. Range is affected by so many things.
The reason people are more obsessed with ev range is because it is comparatively much smaller. My XC60 mhev diesel shows 1400 km range when driven on motorway, as a comparison. I’m going to be using my Eniaq for shortish daily commutes, but will use other car for longer runs.
Uncle Sky

Post by Uncle Sky »

In recent days in my Enyaq 60 with an average outside temperature of -7 degrees Celsius (at 7am) in Central Scotland with 90% battery charged, I have a range of 135miles. This is without a heat pump on my car which I now regret not adding when speccing my car.
Should I have added the said Heat Pump?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post