Electric child locks (the lack of)

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

I know I'm not the only one on here who sacrificed the electric child locks in the family pack to secure a faster build time - in fact it was the early discussion of it on here that prepared me to be a bit more 'assertive' than usual when the dealer called me about it initially. As expected, he told me that Skoda weren't offering any compensation beyond an earlier delivery date, but he did say that he'd see if there was anything the dealership could do for me, given my argument that the locks had been ordered and paid for in good faith. I thought he'd forgotten about it and was pretty much ready to let the matter slide (too excited to receive the car tbh), but he called me yesterday to say that the dealership were going to give me a free LifeShine in recompense. I was intending to pay for that anyway, so it felt like a pretty good result. Clearly this depends on the dealership, but I thought it worth mentioning in case others want to pursue something similar - you don't get if you don't ask etc etc.
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.

PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Interestingly I picked up my Enyaq yesterday and had purchased the Family package basic. Now I also have the Kodiaq with the feature, so was aware of the buttons on the drivers door and so had pressed the one on the Enyaq to child proof the door. Note the 1 button part. Some of you can guess what happened.

Imagine my surprise when one of my kids opened their door when the car was moving earlier this evening on a main road. Luckily no injuries or damage, but all very shaken.

A read through the manual and i find out that i don't have the Electric child safety locks I had specified and paid for, but manual. I had assumed the Enyaq had replaced the 2 buttons for one but to my error, no. The dealership has never been in touch to say that that feature had been removed to speed up build times so it is going to be an interesting conversation on Monday. Just glad no one was hurt and manual child locks in in place now.
iV60 Suite | Energy Blue | Comfort Basic | Family Basic | Climate Plus | Convenience Basic | Drive Sport Basic | Assisted Drive Basic | Parking Plus | 100kW | Tow Bar | Heat Pump | 20” Proteus Wheels.
Ordered 21/7; Collected 21/1/22.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post