My favourite 5 things about the Enyaq

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Now I’ve had it a week I thought I’d start a thread about the things we like best:

Quietness and smoothness: so much calmer to drive without all the noise and vibration of an ICE car.

Matrix headlights: that dark patch around cars ahead whilst everything else is lit up is amazing.

Handling and ride: For a 2 tonne car, my Sportline feels so nimble and the ability to go round tight corners makes it feel much smaller and lighter than it is.

Interior and lighting: seats are so comfortable, and the ambient lighting is superb. Not distracting and my passengers and I can see things inside the rather than feeling for them.

Travel Assist and automatic regen: the combination of ACC, sign reading, knowing when there’s a junction ahead and automatic steering takes a lot of the workload off the driver making long trips much less tiring.

Also - the wireless phone charger works perfectly with my iPhone 12 with no spacer needed (must be put in bottom first though). Satnav is perfectly adequate most of the time - knows about roadworks and queues. It’s not perfect but does the job. CarPlay integration is superb, I call ask Siri to make phone calls and they’re crystal clear.

I won’t include things that I don’t like as there aren’t many and are only slight annoyances that I can live with and might be improved in a software update.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have had mine since mid June (Ordered end of March). I can echo RichR's comments.
It is a pleasure to drive.
My favorite function, is Travel Assist which my wife AND I use nearly all the time.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

In no particular order:

1) Ride comfort - extremely pleased how solid, yet light it feels on the road. I ordered before they were available to test drive, and decided to avoid test driving one when they did become available. So my first experience was in the one I now have.

2) Range - so far, so good. I ignored the WLTP range and had a figure of 200 miles in my mind as a reasonable maximum. So far, I’ve been able to get well over 250 miles from a full charge, when driven carefully - and that’s in winter too. So very happy here.

3) Loft interior- I was reluctant to go with this initially, as my last three company cars have had leather interiors - and coming away from premium German brands, as well as dropping the leather interior, did feel like a big downwards step…. until I sat in one. Extremely comfortable, very well made and actually not as cold to sit on, as leather! I suppose the opposite will be the case in the summer (not as hot).

4) ACC. First time having this function, and it’s amazing. I do mostly motorway and city driving, and ACC has surpassed my expectations in both. On motorways, it really helps me to improve efficiency - I stick to the inside lane at lorry speeds (automatically maintaining a big distance) and just forget that I’m ‘stuck behind a lorry’. In city traffic, the Traffic Jam Assist function is brilliant. Stops and starts the car automatically, so removes this hassle.

I really like the blind spot notification too, especially how it flashes angrily to grab my attention if I indicate whilst it’s noticed something in my blind spot. I’m usually cautious with this anyway but definitely appreciate the extra pair of eyes looking after me here.

5) The look of the Enyaq. I’ll admit to being a bit of a brand snob and again, coming away from premium brands did make me feel uneasy at first (when I ordered in May) but having parked next to Volvo’s, Range Rovers etc in the same size-category as the Enyaq, it definitely doesn’t look out of place. The 21” Betria alloys possibly help here.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I just like the way it looks - I think it is quite eye-catching especially with the 21” wheels - just love the wheels but I’m paranoid when parking kerbside!

The interior is very, very nice - (Suite) is nicely finished off and the ambient lighting is really cool.

I needed a big car to replace M Class Merc, so needed a big car and the Enyaq does not disappoint - there’s loads of space inside and we can fit a big dog box in the boot (essential requirement).

And it drives so well - smooth and quiet and much quicker than I expected. Drive in B all the time and have got so used to it that D feels a little odd (coasting). The ride is also much better than I hoped for given all the reviews suggesting the big wheels would affect the ride - it feels pretty good to me and indeed better than my BMW 320 touring ( not as firm, so perhaps not as sporty - but more comfortable!)

Charging has been a breeze so far - I’m retired so have no daily commute and charge at home on my PodPoint - really easy.

I couldn’t afford (wasn’t allowed) too many options but happy with the ones I spec’d - the electric tow-bar is great and so discreet!

Really love the car!
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Dad

Post by Dad »

We picked our car up yesterday from Glasgow and drove it home to Berks/Surrey border via a stop near Chester to see family and friends. The weather was atrocious.. heavy winds, sleet and snow. Averaged 2.7KwH.

Positives:-
1. Arnold Clark customer service exceeded expectations. Picked us up from the airport. Made us a comprehensive video on how to use the features.
2. Beautiful interior and very comfortable and quiet.
3. Gridserve network on the M6 was reliable and fast and reasonably priced at 30p. Shame they are only 50Kwh chargers even though the screen says 120. But the reliability of the network was a big plus.
4. The infotainment in the car was very good and we found it easy to use.

Things we didn’t like so much:-
1. Apple CarPlay. Just need to figure this out but it was seemingly overwriting anything the Enyaq was doing. So Waze kept coming on instead of the programmed Skoda Nav despite Waze allegedly being disabled. Anything going on on my phone interrupted whatever was on the infotainment screen. In the end I just disabled CarPlay and all was good again… and I’m sure it’s user error!
2. The single biggest grumble was the Skoda charging assistance on the SatNav. The poor lady was getting excited whenever the power went to Amber and started trying to take us off our planned route which was really annoying because she was overriding the planned route. Also because the weather was so bad and the power consumption was high she kept warning us that she may need to plan another additional stop… over and over again.,. Instead of just going ahead and planning that stop and thus shutting up. In the end we switched off the charging assistance help for a far more peaceful trip. We were using Zap Map with the Gridserve filter on this proved much more reliable and relaxing (whilst manually keeping an eye on range). Is there a way to get the Skoda Nav to filter by charging station type (like Gridserve)?

So our day one ownership of the car was a 500 mile trip in awful weather. However we are really pleased with the car, have learnt a lot already and no doubt have plenty more to learn!
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I've had mine since Tuesday, but have only had 2 days use of it, so far to early to pick out my favourites.

Except for the sunroof. Too cold to open at the moment, but the blind was retracted immediately (although will be useful for night driving with overhead streetlamps), and I absolutely love it.

The HUDs bloomin' neat too.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:17 am

I won’t include things that I don’t like as there aren’t many and are only slight annoyances that I can live with and might be improved in a software update.

Just out of interest, would you mind sharing what these minor niggles are ? I haven’t found anything software related other than perhaps issues with some of the CarPlay apps - but I think this is more app related than Enyaq related.
My only niggles are auto-dimming door mirrors (I don’t like this feature) and difficult to clear side windows- although someone has suggested something I can try, here.
Everything else is great I think.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

They really are trivial things that I've already pretty much got used to. Probably by next week I'll just automatically work around them without thinking. None of them affect actually driving the car really.

Road speed limit recognition usually identifies small rural roads as 30mph. It's not a big deal, as I wouldn't be using ACC on them anyway, but it shows incorrectly on the instrument panel and HUD. Similarly when joining a motorway it often doesn't change to 70mph for a while, so just activating ACC sets the current speed. Not a big deal, as it just takes a couple of taps on the cruise stalk to raise it. In fact I'm tending to set my limit to 65mph on motorways now anyway, so I've already adapted to that.

Auto hold being a little too keen when parking - but everyone has that, and I'm now in the habit of switching it off when I select reverse. Be nice if it maybe could be set to auto disable when put in reverse or adjust the threshold for how long the car has to be stationary before applying.

Keyless entry doesn't unlock the charge flap when it unlocks the doors. So I have to get the fob out of my pocket to unplug the cable.

Front cup holders are too narrow for the travel mugs we've got - so will have to get some new ones. :D

I'm often not closing the doors firmly enough so it can be slightly open when setting off - Maybe I'm too used to Japanese cars, but I'd like a warning noise that the door isn't shut and I try to move the car. I know there's a picture on the instrument panel and the ambient lighting is red, but perhaps a beep or something would be nice?

Satnav map data is a bit inaccurate in places listing businesses that aren't there any more for example. But I suspect that's down to where VAG sourced the data from. Otherwise it works well enough - I've always tended to use the road signs and markings as my primary source, with the satnav being more use in towns where you can't necessarily read road names etc. I can always use Google or Apple maps on CarPlay if I fancy a change (but then I wouldn't get the looming blue arrows on the HUD).

So really - they're all things I can get around by changing my behaviour slightly (or buying new mugs). Nothing massive. Certainly nothing that detracts from the comfort and functionality of the car. And probably most can be addressed in software updates.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ yes, I’ve also noticed actually that the rear doors in particular need a firm ‘slam’ otherwise they might remain ever so slightly open. I noticed this the other day when I started driving and assumed there was a window open somewhere! The icons on the dash are quite small so I didn’t notice initially. My wife’s knackered old Qashqai makes a sound before we drive off, or if we try to lock it with a door not closed properly. Probably the only thing about the Qashqai which is more advanced than the Enyaq!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post