Boot to Close to Bumper

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

During a routine clean I have noticed that the tolerance between the tailgate and the bumper top top is non existent thought it was only Tesla that had panel gap problems.

4D48E38F-AA64-448F-B100-2A42383D2E54.jpeg

Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ sorry to see this - just checked mine and no such problem.

As this is a brand new car, your dealership should replace the bumper for free (not just fob you off with a respray). And sort the actual tolerance issues too !
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

I had reported to them in the week but have now sent pics we will soo what happens.
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Where exactly is this on the boot. Can you show a pic abit further away ?
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
darkside66

Post by darkside66 »

chillyboy123 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:54 pm Where exactly is this on the boot. Can you show a pic abit further away ?

It’s on the top of the rear bumper and the tailgate seems to be catching it when it is closed
Gloucestershire

Post by Gloucestershire »

darkside66 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 pm During a routine clean I have noticed that the tolerance between the tailgate and the bumper top top is non existent thought it was only Tesla that had panel gap problems.
Just wondering how this story ended darkside66 ? Did you get a repaired?
I have found the same on mine. I took it to the Skoda dealer who had it all day and simple confirmed "there is contact between the boot and bumper".
(they also said there were no outstanding software updates, when I know newer versions are available...)
They tell me they will call next week to arrange for the car to be taken into a body shop.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Once repaired, i'd ask them to instal the PPF that they sell as an option FOC for your trouble.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post