Heat Pump

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mdk1

Post by Mdk1 »

So we have ordered a 60 with quite a few options.
I just have a feeling that I’m going to regret not ordering the heat pump option.
The car will be doing about 25-30 miles a day, but I want to do a few longer journeys in it.
So the big question is, is it worth it?
Mike.
Skoda Enyaq VRS.
Skoda Enyaq 60 Suite.
Skoda Citigo SEL ASG.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

No it's not work it IMO specially if your only doing small trips mainly.

There are loads of threads on the subject, it's over priced for what you gain a bit like the uprated rapid charging specially since you don't benefit from it until battery SOC is below 15%.....they don't tell you that on the website.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

@mdk1,

How often is temp below 0° where you go, and how long are you driving when so low?

I’ve just done a trip of +1500 miles to north of Denmark, seeing snow and several days with sub zero temps.
I don’t have a heat pump, but… I could maybe have saved 50kW on the full trip
Now calculate that with the price of ionity’s price of £0.25/kWh - which is £12.50
£12.50 up into £1025 is like 82

I doubt I’d see the benefit of a heat pump - I’m not going to Denmark 82 times in the time I own this vehicle. If anything, go for the fastest charging option instead

Hope this input helps
Mdk1

Post by Mdk1 »

So from reading round the forum, I have decided to not bother,
@stripy, we are south east Kent and it Doesn’t often go below zero more than 10-15 days a year. So seems not worth it.
I suppose it quit a big expenditure and just wanted for it to be right.
Mike.
Skoda Enyaq VRS.
Skoda Enyaq 60 Suite.
Skoda Citigo SEL ASG.
RichR

Post by RichR »

On a low spec 60 that mainly does short journeys, maybe not. But on a £48000 Sportline 80 like mine where I plan on doing long trips in the depths of winter in the north of England and Scotland? Yes, I think it’s worth it. It’s 2% of the car’s price.
Looking at it another way, I went for non-metallic Energy Blue paint as I considered £600 (or £900 for red) to be a waste of money as paint does nothing useful, whereas even if the heat pump saves me £10 on a trip to a dog show in January, it’s doing something.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

RichR wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:21 pm<snip> £600 (or £900 for red) to be a waste of money as paint does nothing useful </snip>
Wowowow, red is the fastest colour, right?!? 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post