Enyaq & Pod Point - help post?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

An Amber light on the Pod normally means that a key lock is fitted a d in the lock position ?
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

BioHzrd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 am An Amber light on the Pod normally means that a key lock is fitted a d in the lock position ?

I noticed this morning when I set off, that the PodPoint light was still amber / yellow as shown. I don’t have a lock on my one.

3D7A477E-7C14-4BB9-8E51-1F88EA12B7E4.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Goaty wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:55 am
BioHzrd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 am An Amber light on the Pod normally means that a key lock is fitted a d in the lock position ?

I noticed this morning when I set off, that the PodPoint light was still amber / yellow as shown. I don’t have a lock on my one.

How the hell do you upload photos ?!

Looking at the book I've got in the van they've updated the status lights and Amber is scheduled charge on the Solo3/2.4 PCB did you say yours had the newer PCB ¿

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I just ignore the lights generally. The car normally flashes white then shows solid white when the charger is plugged in. I have noticed it change to red but after a while it goes off all together. The scheduled charge still starts on cue and light goes green. I don’t really bother with PodPoint light as it’s round a corner out of sight. Still, seems to work fine.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

I have the latest PP3 installed Thursday. That light is what I get when a schedule is set for “today”. Had BM on charge overnight 0030 to 1000 with prewarming. All worked perfectly all from PP including prewarm long after battery at 100%. Am certain at 1000 PP will revert to the yellowyamberylight and if I want to charge any more “today” then I will have to deactivate the schedule or extend to cover new times I need. I am happy with and would recommend PP as long as you are a bit patient with the app.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I suppose one thing someone could easily miss - if you’re setting the PodPoint app to schedule a 00:30 start time, you’ll need to remember to do it for the next day, and not the actual day you’re on at the time you’re setting it, unless it’s already past midnight when you set it.

Seems obvious but easy to overlook 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Phil MK

Post by Phil MK »

So - a quick update - as a reminder, this is what I tried:-

• Pod Point showing BLUE.

Opened app and set a 0200 Fri to 0700 Fri scheduled charge - SAVED. Closed app.

Closed drivers door on car

Plugged in lead

Pod Point was steady green

Car light WHITE

Locked car - walked away

Came back a few mins later - Car RED and Pod Point steady GREEN.

Few mins later - Car - light not illuminated. Pod Point steady green,

Time for bed!
So - got up in the morning and EV Santa had delivered the charge and wife happy with 89% of charge (a lot more than it started at).

But - the saga continues........

Last night (Fri) - done the same as above - my wife is a carer and her first call was 06h30 this morning (Sat) about 10 miles away.

When she got into the car this morning, it only had 100 miles of range and had not charged at all. And here is the rub...........

A lot of people who are very ill, have quite restrictive mobility issues and some who are very old absolutely depend on her to visiting them most days - and she called me in tears on the way to her first call this morning really worried about being able to visit her patients. Luckily we have the PP app and Pulse RCID card thingy, but she visits in rural villages and her schedule today is 'back to back'.

Pod Point or Skoda really need to sort this - as after reading the posts in this forum (and the welcome contributions on this post) - the scheduling simply cannot be fully replied upon and the consequences could potentially affect peoples health and wellbeing.

I am now pondering what to do next - writing this is allowing the anger to subside - but no more scheduling at our residence for the time being.

Regards
Phil.
Enyaq Suite iV80 - Ord - 01/07/21 - Del: 20/11/21 - Metallic Quartz - Climate Pack plus, Elec Retrct Towbar, Comfort Seat pk, Conv pack, LightnView pk, Batt Heat pump, Asst Drive pk and 125kW charging. PodPoint home installation.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have a Schneider charging station - One thing in the documentation may interest others. When an unloacked charging station is connected to the EV, communication with the car takes place lasting about 30 seconds. My Enyaq and my station displays this 30 second period as charging and when the communication is complete, the car changes to white and charging is deferred to the scheduled time.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

Phil MK - not good and difficult to know why it did not charge. SusansDad did manage to speak to PP and they checked their cloud for her account and did some resets. No comfort but mine def works correctly; I have an “excellent” Wi-Fi signal to the PP as I know that can be an issue. Perhaps for the time being unless you have time to do some experimenting with scheduling it might be best to deactivate all schedules and stick with the Blue light charge instantly option and just plug in when you want.
I would agree PP explanations could be better, but most definitely VAG/Skoda should have sorted the scheduling out by now, it’s a woeful situation and promise of updates not good enough.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Phil MK wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:33 am So - a quick update - as a reminder, this is what I tried:-

• Pod Point showing BLUE.

Opened app and set a 0200 Fri to 0700 Fri scheduled charge - SAVED. Closed app.

Closed drivers door on car

Plugged in lead

Pod Point was steady green

Car light WHITE

Locked car - walked away

Came back a few mins later - Car RED and Pod Point steady GREEN.

Few mins later - Car - light not illuminated. Pod Point steady green,

Time for bed!
So - got up in the morning and EV Santa had delivered the charge and wife happy with 89% of charge (a lot more than it started at).

But - the saga continues........

Last night (Fri) - done the same as above - my wife is a carer and her first call was 06h30 this morning (Sat) about 10 miles away.

When she got into the car this morning, it only had 100 miles of range and had not charged at all. And here is the rub...........

A lot of people who are very ill, have quite restrictive mobility issues and some who are very old absolutely depend on her to visiting them most days - and she called me in tears on the way to her first call this morning really worried about being able to visit her patients. Luckily we have the PP app and Pulse RCID card thingy, but she visits in rural villages and her schedule today is 'back to back'.

Pod Point or Skoda really need to sort this - as after reading the posts in this forum (and the welcome contributions on this post) - the scheduling simply cannot be fully replied upon and the consequences could potentially affect peoples health and wellbeing.

I am now pondering what to do next - writing this is allowing the anger to subside - but no more scheduling at our residence for the time being.

Regards
Phil.
Best thing for you to do is get in touch with PodPoint through the support channels and raise the issue with then. They will.be able to connect to your charger (as its blue and online) and view any issue the Pod is showing in regards to charging and scheduling a charge.

Do t yet have my Enyaq or I would try help you out on here.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post