Tyres, Puncture Repair and Spare Wheel

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RIDICKSON

Post by RIDICKSON »

I have just taken delivery of my new ŠKODA Enyaq IV 60.
There seems to be no puncture repair kit. I have the Regulus Anthracite Alloys.
Does anyone know if the tyres are self sealing such that with a small <5mm puncture the tyre seals itself.
I will plan to keep a 12v tyre inflator that reaches from the boot 12v socket to all wheels.
I have 2 other queries. Can I use a 19” ŠKODA/VW/Audi run around space saver if I have a puncture that doesn’t self seal?
The Enyaq is very heavy so will a standard car jack used at the appropriate jacking point be able to take the vehicle weight to change the tyre?

RIDICKSON

Post by RIDICKSON »

Alloys are 19”.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

RIDICKSON wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:58 pm ...The Enyaq is very heavy so will a standard car jack used at the appropriate jacking point be able to take the vehicle weight to change the tyre?
The IV60 weighs around two tonnes. There are plenty of SUVs and luxury cars out there that weigh more, so there will be car jacks up to the job. What the tolerances are on a jack supplied with a car that weighs say 1300KG are I don't know; but for safety's sake they are presumably capable of lifting the car when fully loaded?

Do they have a load limit stamped on them?
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

RIDICKSON wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:58 pm ...
Does anyone know if the tyres are self sealing such that with a small <5mm puncture the tyre seals itself.
I will plan to keep a 12v tyre inflator that reaches from the boot 12v socket to all wheels.
You may find my posts in the "Self Sealing Tyres" thread helpful, as it covers similar points.
Best regards, FT
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Regarding the spare wheel: I suggest that it is not the diameter of the spare wheel rim that is important-instead I suggest focussing on the rolling diameter of the chosen tyre. (There are plenty of cars that have ‘biscuit’ spare wheel and tyre combinations with a narrow steel rim that is a different diameter to the alloys fitted to the car but the height of the tyre sidewall-the profile-restores the rolling diameter to match the alloys.) There is lots of useful information regarding both rim and tyre sizes on Wheel-Size.com.
There are many claims that smaller wheels are more comfortable. Oh no they’re not! The smaller diameter wheels are fitted with higher profile tyres to preserve gearing and speedo reading etc. It is the additional flex in the tyres that provides the better ride. And it is because of different amounts of flex that cars fitted with the emergency spare wheel are limited to low speeds.

Fossilnot
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Regarding the weight of the Enyaq: I recall that the 80iV weighs in excess of 2.6 tonnes. Surely there is not that much of a difference owing to a slightly smaller battery pack in the 60iV?

Fossilnot
RichR

Post by RichR »

No - that's the maximum weight, fully loaded (2649kg). Unloaded weight is 2032-2308kg depending on options for an 80, 1917-2104kg for a 60. 80X is a bit heavier still due to the extra motor and drivetrain. So a 60 with sunroof, leather seats, towbar, heat pump, and some other packs could actually weigh more than a bare 80...

Easiest to assume it's around 2.2 tonnes for either RWD model with nothing in the boot and no people in it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post