Foot Trap

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

I just discovered something inexplicable, daft and dangerous.

I wear big heavy hiking boots, I do this because I have wide feet and its usually only this kind of footwear available in wide fitting. Well these boots also come with rugged soles and its the edge of my boots sole that got caught under the edge of the accelerator peddle foot rest that's located just to the right of the accelerator peddle, it happened just as I lifted of to slow down.

I cant understand why the side of the foot rest is terminated so high up, high enough as to allow a clamping or fowling action to take place on ones boot or shoe as I have just experienced. Have a look down by your accelerator peddle and its easy to see what I'm on about.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

If your in the uk and right hand drive I completely understand not only does it stick out but is very loose so anything get caught under it . Surely it should be secured down properly for safety
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

‘Scuse the dirt - first scheduled clean isn’t until the Spring !

Does yours have the part I’ve circled in yellow? This appears to prevent the issue you’ve referred to, in my one.

C1182ABA-EFE0-4A6A-9A63-AA40C0B3C495.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Exactly C2atb.

Goaty said "Does yours have the part I’ve circled in yellow ? This appears to prevent the issue you’ve referred to, in my one".

Thats astonishing to see Goaty. No I don't have that flexy looking flap that's attached to the hard plastic part of the footrest ? I'll be in touch with the dealer.

But is the flexy bit preventing the possibility of footwear catching the sharp edge of the footrest in your experience Goaty ? It doesn't look all that effective in the photo, gotta be better than nothing though and your pic proves the issue is real and is known about simply because its there.

It's easy to imagine how dangerous it could be and was for me today.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Looks like I have that bit of soft plastic in mine too. (Yes, Sportline pedals are quite shiny!)

12A81723-02DA-460D-80CD-D6A46FC67AB0.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I can imaging it might be quite dangerous without it. Sounds like an urgent recall if lots of Enyaq’s are missing this part - I think C2atb is saying the same ?

My winter shoes are chunky too, but I haven’t noticed any issues whatsoever with them catching on anything. With that flap / piece missing, I can imagine it might happen.

Best of luck resolving 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

RichR from you pic I see its actually a rigid smooth moulded plastic part that makes up the lower part of what is in fact a two piece foot rest. My car only has the hard textured upper part of the footrest and thus it leaves a void beneath it, this is wrong and dangerous and a trap for a foot or what ever.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

I discover that the part is actually there and its stuffed tightly up underneath the foot rest itself. Now how did this happen ? well, not my hiking boot for starters, one would need an accurately aimed hammer blow to knock that part out of kilt and to where its currently located. So what about someone dismantling the foot rest to get at a semiconductor ? from the pics I took, I can see bunches of wires, connectors and what looks like an electrical device of some sort. My guess is a retrofit was carried out and the fitter didn't, or forgot to, or couldn't be bothered to replace the footrest properly.

DSCN1119.JPG

Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Another pic.

DSCN1121.JPG

RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes it does look like it’s been fitted incorrectly. Certainly I think you should make your dealer aware of it so they can feed back to Skoda head office. They might want to check other cars made on that production shift.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.