Foot Trap

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

I'm right on it tomorros
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I suppose it’s unique to Right Hand Drive models? The LHD ones would possibly have something different next to the accelerator, as it’s against the centre stack rather than the front wing area. Although I suppose there is a footrest too in LHD models.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Contacted dealer, told them the story and asked when they wanted me to visit. They said they will look at there own Enyaq first to try to understand what the issue is, but there Enyaq ain't at the dealers right now, so they will let me know, ffs, I'm sending em a link to this thread here's another pic.

DSCN1117.JPG

Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I wonder if my foot position is different to yours - there's a good 2-3cm gap between the edge of my size 11 shoes and the plastic bit. Maybe a misspent driving history dominated by Renault 5s? Though I guess large boots would reduce that a bit, but still not enough for my foot to catch. I think I'm in more danger of getting my foot caught on the side of the brake pedal (though haven't yet).

Either way - hopefully they'll put the plastic bits where they're supposed to be :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

:? Taar RichR I'm soon get me in and fix it seeing this thread.

I have to say I'm a bit mobile with my feet down there in the dark on those peddles until I get familiar with the new ergonomics.

It was comical yesterday though, on wife's Sunday drive, she's learning about her new car and got honked at with the lights gone green and she's protesting the car wont go, I look down and tell her she she's got her foot the brake peddle. :?
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

:lol: been there lately :lol:
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
RichR

Post by RichR »

Tamworth-Pig wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:48 pm I have to say I'm a bit mobile with my feet down there in the dark on those peddles until I get familiar with the new ergonomics.
Heh - is this why there are lights in the footwells? :D I guess my Sportline's shiny metal pedals are a lot easier to see too.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Tamworth-Pig wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:48 pm

It was comical yesterday though, on wife's Sunday drive, she's learning about her new car and got honked at with the lights gone green and she's protesting the car wont go, I look down and tell her she she's got her foot the brake peddle. :?

On my first day with the Enyaq, I pulled up at some traffic lights and instinctively set the handbrake - as I’d always done in my last car. When the lights turned to green, I engaged Drive, put my foot down and nothing!!! I couldn’t work out how I’d managed to ‘stall’ an electric car and worse still - how to start it again ! After much honking from behind and managing to miss the entire green phase of the lights, I saw the little message on the dash display…”press brake pedal to engage drive” or whatever it says 🤣.

Since then I just rely on auto-hold to stop the car slipping away and only ever use the handbrake when I’ve parked up!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's a little confusing because it's not just handbrake, it's 'Park'. So it takes the car out of Ready mode. But the same is true on quite a few EVs, so I guess it's just something to get used to.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Its like being a kid playing with a Commodor 64, only its computer on wheels, or like making the transition from motorbikes to four wheels where its your foot instead of a twist of the wrist to get going.

And why ever Skoda thought it a good idea to set the tiny gear knob 'forward for revers and backwards (sometimes twice) for forwards' I cant imagine, or maybe its a sublime message from the outset to remind us electric cars are like nothing we've experienced before?

I laugh at myself pulling out going right in to busy traffic, I boot the throttle swing the wheel and then thrash out with my left hand for the gearstick, but at least I've stopped sticking my left foot under the seat by now. I love it, its something different and new.