Air bag warning indicator, any one had this?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

My brother in laws enyaq is week old and this warning has just came on.
Will get a photo sent over and uploaded wondering if anyone has had this and whether can be fixed by him or is it a return to garage?

frankfurterbear1

Airbag was switched off on delivery. Now turned on. But everything error lights come up and airbag error message appears.

IMG-20211211-WA0004.jpg

Chucker29

Post by Chucker29 »

We have had this too in our new car. Do you know what caused it? I am dropping the car into the Skoda garage this morning where they will run diagnostics and then tell me how long they need the car for 😣
orrery

Post by orrery »

Isn't this a warning that the front passenger airbag has been disabled for a child seat to be fitted? That would be my guess. There's usually a switch around the glove box area in most cars, but in an advanced car like the Enyaq you probably need a Phd in software engineering to find the switch.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

The passenger airbag warning light is up by the rear view mirror and has a slightly different symbol. This one indicates an issue with the main airbag system - needs to be connected to a diagnostics computer to find out what's wrong.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
frankfurterbear1

Chucker29 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:24 am We have had this too in our new car. Do you know what caused it? I am dropping the car into the Skoda garage this morning where they will run diagnostics and then tell me how long they need the car for 😣
Any luck Chucker?
greg_s

Post by greg_s »

We are having similar issues with ours. I’ve had issues with infotainment crashes, pops from audio voice menu for Laura not closing. Also the passenger sun visor light is on all the time.

The sun visor is on back order, it went it to be fixed by dealer a week or so ago but came back worse with the airbag light on.

After going through detail with them they had another enyaq with the same issue on airbag light and referred to skoda uk.

This was caused by the car reporting it was missing a control module in the roof, which is only present if you have sun / panoramic roof. Which I don’t.

Consequently it has go to have a full recode of electronics and is going back in on Monday so hopefully That solves it.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I'd be pretty annoyed with the dealer about this as they probably knew about it. All safety systems should be thoroughly checked on pdi. The fact the airbag was switched off would raise suspicion that they just wanted to deliver the car to claim payment and sort out an issue that's not immediately consumer perceivable later (they possibly tried to fix but couldn't).
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Yes I had this error, too.
Got the car into the dealer, they put the diagnostics on, error not persistent, so they reset it and we could drive off again, but warned it may come again.
They’re sending the report to Skoda and awaiting their reply within this week.
Should the light come back, we should just give them a call, and they’ll notify Skoda again and arrange the car to come in

Get yours in and sorted, too
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

I had this on the day of collection and it then spent a week in the workshop having a new airbag module fitted
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post