Air bag warning indicator, any one had this?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
robtree

Post by robtree »

Delivered on Friday, orange airbag warning popped up this morning. Roadside assistance couldn't figure it out so they're sending a flatbed to take it into the workshop.

andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

I picked mine up on Saturday and it's back at the dealers today with the same problem. I haven't heard from them how long it will take. They said they've not seen this problem yet.
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

Actually, they just called and I'll potentially be able to pick it up tomorrow? Although I'm not holding my breath. No specific report yet on what the problem might be.
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

Just to update mine has been fixed and it was a "configuration issue" - no further info given.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's possible they didn't carry out the step in the pre-delivery instructions that takes the car out of 'transport mode' properly - I'd guess the airbags are disabled whilst it's on the train and ship.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RWH

Post by RWH »

Interesting in that it took me a while to realise the airbag warning light was on. Very poor that the dealership didn't configure the vehicle correctly. The manual shows you how to enable the passenger airbag. As I recall there's a key switch in the glove box.
AdoonsG

Post by AdoonsG »

My car is 10 months old. No issues, until today when suddenly the airbag warning light came on whilst driving? After reading the posts i noticed that my passenger airbag was switched off!! We do not have children and no reason for that.
Still why the error? I do not have the time to take the car in to the garage to check. Is there any other way it can be rest?
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

I had this. It was very annoying, but I didn't want to lose the car for three days to get it sorted, so put up with it for ages.

Then one day a stone cracked my windscreen on the way to work. When the guys came out that day to fit a new screen, they apologised and said they would have to reset the sensor warnings etc... due to all the gubbins in screens these days. Fine I said. In an hour I had a new screen, no warning lights and some blueberry air fresheners - all for free because I have windscreen damage covered.

So there's your quickest solution - throw a rock at your windscreen and call Autoglass.
darkmuse

Post by darkmuse »

Mine also arrived with passenger airbag disabled (with the key hole in the passenger door frame) which I found very strange. No warning lights though. Let us know how you get on.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Passenger airbag disabled light is up by the map lights by the rear view mirror. It seems quite a few dealers forget to enable it before collection, although it is on the pre-delivery checklist.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post