Charging Etiquette, when other car has finished charging 100%

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Can you just take the charger out other car if the driver is not there and put it in your own car?

It wouldn't bother me, just wondering as it unlocks when 100% so youncould use it. Every Monday an etron is always 100% charged as light turned green on unit but I never take it out.

rugbyant

Post by rugbyant »

I have not yet done it - I hover around hoping :lol: someone turns up. But I do think if the charger has turned green and unlocked, there is no reason you cannot unplug and start charging your own car.

I downloaded an app called "need to charge", but I don't know how widespread it is, and so far no-one has pinged me, but the intent of it is to send someone a message saying you need / want to charge in a bay they are using, and it allows them to reply how long they have left / remote stop charging etc.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Although this isn’t suitable for everyone (on safety grounds) I did recently see a sign on the dashboard saying something like “please feel free to call me if my car has reached 80%”. I didn’t need to as there was one other charger free next to his car, but I thought that was an interesting courteous little gesture on behalf of that other EV driver - who was probably having a coffee or something.

Again, not for everyone as there are obviously some risks associated with leaving your number on display like that.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Like that, could leave my work mobs as get plenty of random s calling that one.
Goaty wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 am Although this isn’t suitable for everyone (on safety grounds) I did recently see a sign on the dashboard saying something like “please feel free to call me if my car has reached 80%”. I didn’t need to as there was one other charger free next to his car, but I thought that was an interesting courteous little gesture on behalf of that other EV driver - who was probably having a coffee or something.

Again, not for everyone as there are obviously some risks associated with leaving your number on display like that.
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

Goaty wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 am Although this isn’t suitable for everyone (on safety grounds) I did recently see a sign on the dashboard saying something like “please feel free to call me if my car has reached 80%”. I didn’t need to as there was one other charger free next to his car, but I thought that was an interesting courteous little gesture on behalf of that other EV driver - who was probably having a coffee or something.

There is an alternative to leaving your phone number..
https://www.needtocharge.com/
There is an app for it as well. You just sign up and you get a notification on your phone.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ nice idea (Rugbyant and roo1980). I just tried my own reg and got this message. However I’ll download the app.

02FC39A4-45DF-4B60-A84F-1B1309EA32F2.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Goaty, just signed up and hoping it's al kosher. It will be a great idea once we all have it but hoping there will me more charging stations soon to cover the country. :D
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

nice app
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Great idea for an app, but this feature should be built in to each charging provider app. Much higher chance to get people notified on ionity, virta, plugit... (Whatever you have in you country) and ping folks over that.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Goaty wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 am Again, not for everyone as there are obviously some risks associated with leaving your number on display like that.
That is where the "need to charge" app mentioned above is advantageous.

You install the app and register your car. Then (optionally, but a good idea) you leave a sign in your car saying you use the app.

Then anyone who wants to can blip by simply knowing your registration. They can either have the app as well, or use a web browser.

https://www.needtocharge.com/
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post