Home charging - cable unlocked

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

I configured the home location for charging but not using anything else of those settings the car offers but keeping the cable unlocked.
Works well, as car is in the garage no need to lock the cable and makes it a lot easier to unplug in the morning. No hassle with the key, no double press...
But while it works well once the charging is completed it is not possible to resume as app shows this.
Not fatal, but would be really nice to change the level when next day is a long trip. (In case someone from Škoda is watching)

Screenshot_20211214-212914.jpg

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

The lock is in place one to stop anyone stealing it and two so as the charger can shut off before you unplug it, pulling the ugly out while it's still charging can cause arcing and potential damage to the cable and charger port.

This can include fire so please do not unplug your vehicle while it's mid charge !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Nope, unplugging it in the morning only.
But suppose if disconnecting the charging cable the wall charger will stop the power as a safety measure. It must be safe otherwise there was no option like this allowed.
Issue is that once unlocked it can not restart charging.
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

I assumed this setting only unlocks the plug once charging is completed?

At a public charger this allows others to take the rapid charger cable once your car is full and use for themselves.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post