Any Issues or limitations with Loft?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Recently ordered an iV80 and added many options, but on the interior, I left the spec as Loft to save some cost and it wasn't black, which our last two cars have been and I fancied a change. Our current car has a fabric interior and, to my surprise, it's lasted well and not been the disadvantage over leather I was expecting. Now 8 years old it still looks pretty much as good as new. Have owners with Loft been happy with their choice? I saw on one YouTube review that said choosing Loft would limit some of the options available but I'm not sure that's correct because using the configurator I could still choose Comfort Seat Basic and Infotainment Package Plus. I can't see why selecting Loft should limit anything. Am I right about that?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

RichR

Post by RichR »

The trim level (Loft/Lodge/Suite/EcoSuite etc) only determines the seat, dashboard and door materials in the UK. Sportline trim is an exception as that only comes in the Sportline models. There was at one point a restriction that you couldn't have Infotainment Plus (ie head up display) with anything other than Suite, EcoSuite and Sportline, but this has been lifted now. I think it was just to reduce the amount of orders to allow them to cope with a shortage of semiconductors for the module.

In some countries, Loft doesn't get ambient lighting controls and a few other features, but at the moment in the UK, the only difference is the materials. Option availability changes all the time - for example, Parking Package Plus was removed for a month, and since September all Enyaqs are 100kW or 125kW charging, as the 50kW option was removed. This ever changing nature means YouTube and other reviews quickly don't match with reality (quite a lot of Enyaq reviews say you have to pay extra for 100kW/125kW charging for example).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I have Loft and it’s really comfortable- and doesn’t feel too cold either (after 15 years of leather seats in previous company cars).

The Loft interior is well finished and I actually like the fact there aren’t any easily smudged Piano Black surfaces anywhere.

However it is mostly cloth and will be harder to keep clean over time. I noticed yesterday one of my kids - who are both in denial - have spilt some chocolate on the seat, and it doesn’t just wipe off. I’ll have to find something proper to clean it with.

Overall I’m really happy with the Loft interior but do expect it to get a bit grubby over time.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Here is Skoda's take on Loft:
"Loft – modern and family-friendly
The ENYAQ iV 60 and ENYAQ iV 80 models come with the Design Selection ‘Loft’ as standard. It embodies a modern, homely and family-friendly feel with easy to clean materials. The harmonious combination of grey and black shades is elegant and timeless."
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

My theory that Sportline's Alcantara seats would resist dog hairs (as they do in my wife's VW Caravelle) proved to be totally wrong. In fact they act in the opposite way, perfectly removing dog hairs from your clothes and sticking them to the seats. :D

I only changed from an option heavy Loft to Sportline when they stopped being able to have the HUD on Loft just before I wanted to order, and I found that Sportline would only cost slightly more but gives significantly more options and extremely supportive seats.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Thanks for all the replies. That has put my mind at rest.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

RichR wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:03 am The trim level (Loft/Lodge/Suite/EcoSuite etc) only determines the seat, dashboard and door materials in the UK. Sportline trim is an exception as that only comes in the Sportline models. There was at one point a restriction that you couldn't have Infotainment Plus (ie head up display) with anything other than Suite, EcoSuite and Sportline, but this has been lifted now. I think it was just to reduce the amount of orders to allow them to cope with a shortage of semiconductors for the module.

In some countries, Loft doesn't get ambient lighting controls and a few other features, but at the moment in the UK, the only difference is the materials. Option availability changes all the time - for example, Parking Package Plus was removed for a month, and since September all Enyaqs are 100kW or 125kW charging, as the 50kW option was removed. This ever changing nature means YouTube and other reviews quickly don't match with reality (quite a lot of Enyaq reviews say you have to pay extra for 100kW/125kW charging for example).

Yeah, when I ordered I couldn't get the headup display, although the configurator would sometimes let me, dealer said no. Selecting a trim level that I didn't really want/need, meant that the heads up display would end up adding £2k to the price tag in total, so I let it go.
Would have been cool, but not £2k cool, and letting it go might have helped me get my car in just over 26 weeks instead of 52
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
RichR

Post by RichR »

I reckon switching to Sportline just after they became available in the UK meant mine only took 14 weeks, so I do count myself lucky to have got it before the really big delays started. And I have to admit, spending that little bit extra has given me a car I’m really happy to own.
Yes, the ones being delivered now have self parking and other features that those of us with older models don’t have, but they’re mainly things I wouldn’t use much if at all.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I just rented a water-vacuum device for cleaning my living room couches. I fell in love with the thing and ended up cleaning the carpets too, as it was so much fun. (And interesting to see how much crap and dog hairs it could extract, even after normal cleaning)

Basically the machine sprays water onto textiles and vacuums it out straight after, so moisture wont go too deep into fillings to cause issues. Deep cleaning, good for dog hairs and hard-to-clean stains. A cleaning agent is optional, but recommended.

I bet this would work wonders with car seats too. Will soon go clean my parents house with it and will try on their car too. The post above with chocolate on seats? No problem id say
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

I simply didn't select the Dog option. No hairs anywhere.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post