MyŠKODA - Activate Vehicle

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Crap, does not work in Finland either today, ONA long trip and wanted to check charging remotely. No luck. Free chargers so no other way to monitor than to go to the car. -19C, no fun.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Seems to be working again ( the iOS app )
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Mine also hasn’t worked for well over a week

Rather annoying but also not the end of the world
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Just incase anyone is having the same issue:

Our app hasn't worked for almost 2 weeks, we weren't able to start the heating and the battery state had frozen to a value from 2 weeks ago. We hadn't looked into it as we put it down to the server issues discussed on here.

However, tonight I went into the car settings, turned on private mode, then turned it off... Everything has sprung back into life.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

Mine has just worked this morning for the first time in a few weeks

So my guess is they have got it working now?
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'm suspecting that they might have a problem with too many people trying to use the app at the same time, and the traffic overwhelming their servers or network. They probably estimated how much capacity they'd need based on people using it maybe a couple of times a week to initiate a heat now, and that most people would have set up schedules (which are held in the car itself) rather than doing a manual initiation every time. But given very few people are working fixed office hours at the moment due to home working etc, having the climate control come on at the same time every day isn't as useful as it would normally be (certainly for the last few years, my Outlander was set to pre-heat the car for me leaving for the office at 8am every week day).

To reiterate what I and others have said though - the app is not essential, you can initiate a 'heat now', set schedules for heating, change battery charge limit and view battery state easily from inside the car itself. So when the app isn't working, you have to have the minor inconvenience of walking out to the car. Then maybe an hour or so later you'll find the app is working again. Yes it would be nice if it worked reliably - but it's certainly no worse than the app for many other cars (the Outlander one was terrible for connecting - you had to stand almost next to the car, at which point you might as well just get in it). And remember this is a new model that's only been out for one year, and the car itself has had (as far as we know) no major issues despite huge numbers of MEB platform cars being sold. Mainly just software issues that don't affect the ability to actually drive it (excluding the rare loss of speed display. Think I've seen four reports of that in a year of being on this and other UK Enyaq forums).

I'm sure that Skoda/VW/Audi/Seat are all working on improving the performance of the app, but it will probably take a bit of time to identify what the problem is before they can put in a solution.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

RichR wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 am They probably estimated how much capacity they'd need based on people using it maybe a couple of times a week to initiate a heat now, and that most people would have set up schedules (which are held in the car itself) rather than doing a manual initiation every time.
Or based the estimate on their experience with ICE vehicles? I'm guessing we check battery status and preheat much more with our EVs. Either way, the app is nice to have when it works, and will become increasingly useful with each iteration, but not essential for me. I'd be surprised if the servers are still struggling in the same way by summer...
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
RichR

Post by RichR »

I suspect if most people were commuting at a fixed time every day, they'd be using scheduled heating and not using the app at all for heating too. Certainly that was how most Outlander owners on the forums I was on did it. I did however occasionally use the app in the summer to pre-cool the car if it had been sat out in the sun at a shopping centre for example ;) But the Outlander app doesn't use mobile networks, it uses a wifi access point in the car - so you have to be in wifi range to use it (about 10m), which means walking out in the sunshine to get near to the car, setting it cooling, then walking back inside for 20 minutes...

Perhaps my expectation of car control apps is low as a result of my experience with the Mitsubishi and a friend's BMW apps - and other people have much higher expectations of what the experience should be, if they've never had a flaky car app before?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Whatever the reason is they just have to add capacity if that is the issue here. It should be relative straightforward to do, and judging based on feedback here it mostly depends on regions already. At least some of the time it did not work in the UK it worked in Finland. But then again there seems to be some more broad global(ish) outage as well time to time.
Yes, you can live without the app, agreed, but you could live without a lot of the features of a modern car. I hope they just wake up and make it work.
Daveirl

Post by Daveirl »

Anyone having issues with connecting to app to car

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post