MyŠKODA - Activate Vehicle

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

Dad wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:08 pm Rich, I agree the app is pretty naff generally, however it is useful for monitoring the charging. The bit I think you are missing is that because there is absolutely no indication from Skoda that the problem is “theirs”, it causes the users to wonder what’s wrong, how do we fix it, do we need to scan the VIN again and so on. All completely unnecessary if they could simply display the app service status or a message informing you “it’s us, not you”. .. at which point you accept the issue and walk a few meters to the car. It’s not walking a few meters to the car that’s an issue… it’s thinking you have done something wrong or whatever. It’s completely avoidable.. and to me it’s amateurish.

On the positive side… it’s why this forum community is so good!
Exactly right... well said.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I am Android version 5.0.2 dated 2 December - the app is much more stable now, the server not. The app does indicate it is unable to connect to the server currently.
I would add the other useful function is preheating the car.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

You can preheat without the app though. Yes, it's more convenient to do it without leaving the house, but to me if the app isn't working then I don't find it a major hardship to walk a few metres outside, open the car door, lean in and press 'heat now' on the Infotainment screen, then shut and lock the door and walk back into the house.

It's a nice to have feature, not an essential as far as I'm concerned. And it does say that it's Beta quality software all over it (well, on the IOS version anyway), so you shouldn't expect it to be perfect. It would be nice if VAG had got a more polished application ready in time for release, but for various reasons (maybe Covid related) they haven't. Not a lot I can do about it, so I just work with what I've got. Life's too short to get angry about things you can't do anything about :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Rich, no one is complaining about walking to the car. I don’t think anyone is “angry” either. What we are frustrated with is Skoda not having a message or something on the app to let users know there is a service issue.. rather than users wondering if there is something wrong with the connectivity to the car and try to resolve the issue by trying to set up their car again in the app…. All of which is completely unnecessary.

I have no reference on my app to Beta version or anything. iOS 15 and app version 4.4.1.

Cheers
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
RichR

Post by RichR »

Go onto the Air Conditioning page and see what it says at the top... :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Dad wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:12 pm Rich, no one is complaining about walking to the car. I don’t think anyone is “angry” either. What we are frustrated with is Skoda not having a message or something on the app to let users know there is a service issue.. rather than users wondering if there is something wrong with the connectivity to the car and try to resolve the issue by trying to set up their car again in the app…. All of which is completely unnecessary.

I have no reference on my app to Beta version or anything. iOS 15 and app version 4.4.1.

Cheers
Is 4.4.1 the latest IOS version? It surprises me as I thought everyone had a 5.0 version. Android is now 5.0.2.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yeah, the iOS version is a little behind the Android one. Though I don't know if there's any real difference in functionality.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

The latest update revised the app layout - other than that I don't see any big changes from the previous version other than the app is more stable and the 'something went wrong' has been replaced with messages like 'unable to connect to server' and 'car cannot be contacted (or something like it).
andym69

Post by andym69 »

I agree, this happened for me the first time this weekend - tried to re add the car using the camera scanning the VIN but it refused to add.... I left it and relaunched the app the next day and it worked fine.
Goaty wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:35 pm When this has happened before, the car does seem to reappear when the App’s working properly again so quite possibly no need to re-register your car again… just need to wait for them to sort their **** out and fingers crossed, the car should reappear.
Delivered October 2021: Enyaq iV 60 Lounge, Race Blue Metallic, Assisted Drive Basic, Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Light and View Basic.
sam_vasu

Post by sam_vasu »

Not sure if it’s the same for any of you but my iOS app is being a bit temperamental today - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t…

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post