car not charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

enyaq was charging ok, but i've just plugged it in to charge and nothing. The EO wall charger app is connected to my wifi but it says a cable is not connected, even though it is. I noticed though that the skoda app has reset and has made me enter the VIN again, but it won't accept it and looks like there is an issue with the skoda app. I didn't think I needed the skoda app to be active for the EO wall charger to work. The EO charger is not on any scheduled time so should just plug in and charge, so I'm really not sure what is happening. I did try setting a scheduled charge, but again, nothing. Really odd.

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

1. Make sure the cables are fully pushed home.
2. Check if the Enyaq thinks it is plugged in in the vehicle charging screen.
3. Check you have not got any scheduled charging on the Enyaq set.
4. Check that the charger has not tripped a circuit breaker.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Forget about the app, it’s not relevant here. It’s a nicety and not essential for anything (other than saving you walking to the car). Everything you can do in the app can be done in the car. So when it’s down like it is this weekend you can still work fine without it.

As above check when you plug it in you hear the plugs lock at both ends. Then watch the screen in the car to see if it shows the status change.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Also maybe give the plug and socket a short sharp blow. I’ve had to do this a couple of times to remove dirt or whatever. Worked for me when I had an issue with the charge not starting.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

I had this exact same thing last night.
Re started mob and as goaty said made sure scheduled charge wasn't set. Worked ace.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

In my experience with an EO mini pro and an Enyaq 80 iV (all five months of it or thereabouts) it is best to rely on the EO app alone. All charging settings in the car should be returned to their original state. The advice given to me was that the car settings will always take command-if set. ‘Saving’ and ‘Setting’ (in the app) are both essential prior to charging. Use the app when standing next to the car so that you can hear the cable lock and you can see the steady white light.

Fossilnot
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

Still no luck. Charger is definitely not a clicking into position into the charger but it is into the charging port on the car
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Isolate the EO in your home and then power it on again would hopefully reset any issues ¿
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Yes, that helped in my case. Leave the breaker off for a few minutes before restarting.

Fossilnot
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

Hi guys I’ve tried everything on here but I still can’t charge my car

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post