car not charging

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

Might be time to contact the company that installed the EO charger for assistance, so they can check it has no faults.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Do you also have a granny cable? These charge irrespective of the settings in the car (albeit somewhat slowly!). I’ve found mine to be extremely useful generally… I would suggest that if it charges OK with the granny that would indicate the car is not fundamentally at fault. Have you seen the latest addition I made to my EO/Octopus post?

Fossilnot
Dad

Post by Dad »

Fossilnot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:06 pm Do you also have a granny cable? These charge irrespective of the settings in the car (albeit somewhat slowly!). I’ve found mine to be extremely useful generally… I would suggest that if it charges OK with the granny that would indicate the car is not fundamentally at fault. Have you seen the latest addition I made to my EO/Octopus post?

Fossilnot
Or if you don’t have a granny cable, can you get the car to a public charging point like a supermarket with PodPoint or similar... just to check if it’s a car issue or the charge point at your house.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

I do not have a granny cable, no. I have successfully charged my car however at a local charging point and that worked fine without any issue. It literally is just my EO charger at home which I am having trouble with. Hopefully it is something really simple but I just cannot find out what that thing is yet. I have sent a Videos images and information to EO support and I’m waiting to hear back. They did message me earlier to say that I can see the charging point is online and appears to be functional it’s just that it will not charge my car. The EO charger continuously pulses blue in colour and does not change to green which would suggest it is charging successfully. It has charged my car twice previously. It is just that it has decided to stop working now for some reason and everything I have tried suggestion on here has not worked for me unfortunately :-)
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi I’ve had similar issues with my pod point the only way I can guarantee a good connection is to plug it into the wall charger wait for the flashing to stop from blue to green with the click noise,
then plug into the car, instant green light then on the Enyaq charging port.
I’ve had loads of red failure lights on the car charging point previously with my wifi keep dropping out of the pod point but this method has been successful for a few weeks.
I only have a schedule set up on my pod point app and not on the Enyaq.
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

I’ve tried the above, still does not work unfortunately
RichR

Post by RichR »

I wonder if it's a fault with the plug - dirty or displaced contacts perhaps? Does the car or charger make any change in LED colour or any sounds when it's connected?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

The EO charger remains pulsing blue no matter what I do (cable plugged in or not). The car flashes white and then goes red when the cable is in. It has actually worked before and both the EO charger and the car go green as they should do. The EO app or the Skoda app do not recognise that the car has the cable plugged in.
RichR

Post by RichR »

That's why I was wondering if it's intermittent due to a dirty or bent contact. But if the car light flashed then goes red then it must be detecting the plug is in, but not that there's a valid charger at the other end of the cable. So that leaves a fault with the EO charger as about the only thing left.

For Type 2 charger connections, there are a couple of things that happen before it will connect the mains electricity supply to the three large pins in the plug. One of the small pins (PP) has a resistor to the earth contact, and this tells the car that there is a cable present (so the car is not allowed to move) and what current the cable is capable of carrying. This looks to be working. The other small pin (CP) is used for the charger and car to negotiate whether it is OK to start charging (ie not faults present, not waiting for a schedule, and not cancelled at either end etc), and what current the charger is able to supply. It's up to the car to control how much current is actually drawn and supplied to the battery.

Given the car works on other chargers, that only leaves the cable and charger (I've been saying 'charger' but really I mean EVSE, as the EO box is little more than a switch to control whether the mains is connected or not, the charger as such is built into the car). If the cable is tethered then you can't easily rule out a fault with that yourself.

Do you know anyone else with an EV who can test it? You need EO or an installer to come out and physically test the unit really.
kodedjay

Post by kodedjay »

Thank you for all your help guys, it actually was the charging unit itself which is not working correctly.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post