Andersen Charger

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Daverichardson

Post by Daverichardson »

Does anyone here use the Andersen Charger?
I am spending the long wait for my car learning more about it, and doing some investigation of the chargers available. The Andersen is pricey, but looks great, and I like the way it stores the cable.
I gather that it can take a while to get a charger installed (and ours won’t be a simple instal) so I am thinking about doing it soon, before the government grant stops.

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I had my Anderson installed last week, the installer ordered it 10 days before. So no problems with supplying it. Had the Nearly black trim with Walnut front to blend in to my house.

Looks great and hides the cable when not in use.
Much better than those "Darth Vader looking boxes" lol

Was an easy install as consumer unit was just 2m behind charge point.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Daverichardson

Post by Daverichardson »

Thanks tiger tony, that is good to hear!
Sinclair_C5

Post by Sinclair_C5 »

Andersen were superb from start to finish. My dealer was useless at sending paperwork; to get the installation grant you need something which shows your order including your full address and I realised I didn't have anything. I won't drop anyone at Andersen in it but let's say we came up with a creative solution until my dealer could send the right document so as not to delay the installation.

My installation was complex, 180 year old house with thick crumbly walls and needed to go through 3 rooms plus garage. They quoted the extra installation cost from photos alone, I was amazed because my fusebox looks like something Doc from Back To The Future wired in. Surcharge was about £200 I think which was very reasonable; I've had electricians quote me £1000 just to wire in a spur because it's such a mess.

They offered twin and earth in trunking or steel wire armoured cable, I chose the latter (at no extra cost), not pretty but because I'll be renovating the back of the house and SWA protect it from the builders when concealing it in the new ceiling.

Installation was on a day when I was busy with conference calls, Andersen were quick, minimised disruption, patient when I was on a call so couldn't be interrupted, and cleared up well (I hurried them out at the end otherwise I think they'd have kept hoovering).

Charger is excellent, very neat because of cable stowage, there's a light inside that I didn't know about which comes on when you lift the flap on the top to get the plug out. Very easy to use, it is zero hassle to wrap/unwrap the cable. The app is decent, unlike the Skoda one.

I also chose Andersen because it handles solar charging. There is an ethernet cable running from the charger back to the fuse box (where my solar meter is) so it can sense when there is enough solar power available to use . I didn't spot the ethernet cable it at first because they did such a good job hiding it behind the SWA power cable.

Joined the forum just to post this, I was blown away by their customer service, I was dreading the whole process and they made it so easy. Hope that helps!
Enyaq iV80 Suite 125kW, Quartz Grey, 20" Vegas, Climate Plus, Family Plus, Andersen A2.
Daverichardson

Post by Daverichardson »

Thanks Sinclair_C5. That is very encouraging!

Our house is the same age as yours. The electricity meter and fuse box are in a tank cupboard at first floor level, and the cable will need to be run down inside a non-structural wall, then under the floor across a short landing, before going through the outside wall at first floor level. Thereafter it is quite straightforward, and only a matter of 10 metres or less.

I plan to get the necessary paperwork from the dealer when they reopen in the new year, then place the order with Andersen immediately: I won’t take delivery of the car before May, but want to get it done asap.
Daverichardson

Post by Daverichardson »

Andersen charger now installed.
It has been a painfully slow process, both because it was a non-standard install with a very complex cable run, and because they were overwhelmed by demand due to the end of the Government grant: I missed out on that by 4 days!
So it was painful and expensive, but I do love the result.
All I need now is the Enyaq, which was originally estimated for May, but is clearly going to be delayed by several months!

BAFDFC6E-ACBB-4F86-BA2E-08AC2A2A4E7B.jpeg

Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

Looks great!
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post