Higher Charging Rate

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Was interested to hear about the higher charging rate on new cars. I spec’d 100kw charging when I ordered my car, so I assume that’s what I’ve got. Is there a way to check the charging rate on the car? I’ve not used DC charging yet and no immediate plans/need to do so. Would just like to know though and whether we will get an upgrade at some point.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

RichR

Post by RichR »

Only way to tell really would be to run it down to about 10% and plug in at a charger capable of supplying over 150kW (ie not reduced because it's sharing with another charger, or at a location with reduced supply to the chargers). Ionity 350kW ones are probably the best bet.

I would expect we might get an increase when the version 3.0 OTA upgrade happens early next year. I have read that the battery packs changed around Week 48, so cars after that will get a higher maximum than cars before. We're only talking about probably 10 minutes difference in charging from 10%-80% anyway, so it's not really a big deal if earlier cars can't achieve quite what the newer ones can.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RWH

Post by RWH »

Shell recharge chargers have a visual on screen dial showing the charging speed. Max I've achieved is 90 kwh. However Shell now charge 49p per kilowatt hour which is pretty steep, compared to 30p at some 60 kw chargers.
Westy

Post by Westy »

I’ve had 135 at IONITY for a few minutes !

But actually enyaq seems to charge well beyond 40%, got 65kwh at 48% today. That’s great for adding 15% quickly and getting on your way.

Hoping to get a bit of an OTA bump next year as well…..
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post