Park Pilot parking aid

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I have just been looking in the Skoda Enyaq online manual for 2022/1 and it appears new functions have been activated under a new parking assist sytem in infotainment.
Wonder if existing parking plus will be updated.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

RichR

Post by RichR »

It was mentioned on the ID.4 forums for the next major software release wasn’t it? I’m assuming it does require the 360 cameras.

Personally it’s not something I’d use so not that fussed.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Hmmm, The manual seems to be changing from my first look.
Origionally it had a title "Intelligent Park Steering Assistant"
If you search for this string on the internet you find a VW link which includes the following:

"The system has up to six ultrasonic sensors located in the rear - and sometimes the front - bumpers. Compact, and painted in the body colour, they blend in well and are barely visible. The sensors monitor a range of up to 150 centimetres behind and, depending on the model, in front of the vehicle. The system swings into action when you engage reverse gear, or at very low speed."

Source: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/technol ... rking.html
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Whenever I've seen cars auto park (any make), it looks really slow. Even if they do add it, I'm not sure I'd have the patience.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

ChangoMutney wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:02 pm Whenever I've seen cars auto park (any make), it looks really slow. Even if they do add it, I'm not sure I'd have the patience.

My colleague had it on his Passat in Germany (2011 ish) and it worked really well even back then.

I’m not holding my breath that my Enyaq has the necessary tech to support this future feature, though.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It was demonstrated in the pre-release videos, and hinted at the the full PDF Nov 2020 manual. But no mention since.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

My son had it on his Skoda Superb 10 years ago. It could get you into a space that you couldn't get out of.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

orrery wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:09 pm My son had it on his Skoda Superb 10 years ago. It could get you into a space that you couldn't get out of.
🤣
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post