DASH CAM HELP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
chesterflaps

Post by chesterflaps »

My mate fitted the dashcam for me but we're having trouble getting the a pillar trim on. He didn't Fully remove it, and only messed with it near the top where it meets the headlining but somehow it’s popped out down the bottom near the windscreen as per picture.

I’ve looked at the diagram somebody posted showing how to take it off but it doesn’t really make much sense to me. Does anybody have any tips? I’m happy to completely remove the trim to put it back on again but I can’t work out how to do that.

IMG_6066.jpeg

chesterflaps

Post by chesterflaps »

Anybody?
Kimbie

Post by Kimbie »

videojedi wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:42 pm I don't normally shy away from such a challenge, but decided this time to pay a company (not the dealer) to do it. I live near Milton Keynes, and so took the car to Richter Sports in Bletchley. Glad I did, very pleased with the job they have done. I can't see any crease in the A-pillar, and they have routed the rear cable through the sleeve. A great job. Took about 3 hours, during which I emailed and called Skoda UK to bitch about the silly app and 4g problem..!
Did you just supply the camera and all the cables and they did the rest or did they source and fit the dash cam for you?

I am not far from MK so will bare this in mind if/when I get an Enyaq also can easily waste those 3 hours in the Ikea across the road lol

Kimbie
Houndog6105

Post by Houndog6105 »

chillyboy123 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:01 am Sorted

Found the video that someone did on their ID.3

It’s the fuse in position 66 for the rear wiper.

Camera turns on and off with the Stop/Start button.
Hi Chilly

So fuse 66 for the red wire (acc power) will only work when ignition is on

Can i ask which fuse number you used for the yellow wire (power always on for parking mode)

Thanks
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

I installed a dash cam on my wife’s Enyaq, and at the time I did a heap of work to try and find an appropriate fuse.

Because of her work and parking in different places I needed it to be on all the time in park mode, so anything that switched off with the ignition was a no-go.

Now I’m almost certain (but could be misremembering) I found a fuse to plug in to that was on all the time and connected to the main battery rather than the 12v battery to prevent that system from draining, but we once last year had a low 12v battery warning, and after a recent weekend away we came back to the 12v being completely flat despite the main battery being 55%. Meaning we couldn’t get into the car (without manually opening), open the charging hatch, or even start charging. I needed our neighbour to give it a jump start ffs.

I know there’s a known issue with the 12v running down we need to take it to the dealer to look at, but I need to rule out the dash cam causing it while still needing to use it (unplugging is obviously the best way but some of the places she has to visit are pretty rough).

Long story short, and in the interest of dumb brain’s absolutely clarity, can anyone advise which fuse, if any, is on all the time but also connected to the HV system?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post