Anyone experimented with driving modes?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’ve done eco normal and sport on motorway without cruise control on and don’t see much difference in range over 100 miles but when cruise control is on eco is more economical. One thing I have noticed if I turn off aircon range increases by about 10 miles

Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

I prefer to use the driving mode "ECO". Do you know how can I have it by default, I mean when I get into the car and start driving it's ECO already ?
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I would love this functionality, but sadly I don't think it's available. I'm not even sure if it's on the road map.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
khikhi

Post by khikhi »

I prefer 'individual' with eco ACC, sport steering and sport DCC - specially on the motorway.
Normal ACC is quite sharp with braking and acceleration. It would be nice to define your own default, but I also think that it's not coming.
80x Sportline with almost all packs
Ordered Aug 2021 - Delivered May 2022
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I know many will find this surprising but I actually prefer acceleration set to a minimum. I use Individual with eco Acc and max comfort DCC because I drive so slowly that it doesn't roll around anyway. Even on minimum acceleration it's still loads faster than my old Prius. Apart from finding it more comfortable, I think the minimum Acceleration has a beneficial effect on the range. My long-term average (only 800 miles so far) is 4.3mi/kWh and that includes a few longer trips fully laden with 3 bikes on a tow ball fitted bike rack.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

RichR wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:46 pm If you have a 60 and didn’t spec a Drive package then you won’t have any drive modes. 80s come with Drive Basic (or Drive Sport Basic if Sportline) as standard.

I suspect the ECO you’re referring to is the passenger side climate control setting, which is ECO when the seat is empty (saves energy).
I have 60 without Drive Package and can choose between ECO, Normal or Sport - selected using a dedicated button on the dash DRIVE MODE? Do the 80's get something different?
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022
zice

Post by zice »

Antonio PT wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:43 pm I prefer to use the driving mode "ECO". Do you know how can I have it by default, I mean when I get into the car and start driving it's ECO already ?
not possible due to WLTP regulations, car always will start in normal mode.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Bferry70 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:49 am I have 60 without Drive Package and can choose between ECO, Normal or Sport - selected using a dedicated button on the dash DRIVE MODE? Do the 80's get something different?
You have 'Drive Sport Basic' according to your signature... :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

RichR wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 am
Bferry70 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:49 am I have 60 without Drive Package and can choose between ECO, Normal or Sport - selected using a dedicated button on the dash DRIVE MODE? Do the 80's get something different?
You have 'Drive Sport Basic' according to your signature... :)
:shock: :lol: :lol: - It was such a long time ago since I ordered it I'd totally forgotten! I thought that was just for the heated sports steering wheel :roll:
Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I've been using comfort setting, for most driving seems ok, being adaptive it does seem to tighten up in tight or fast corners, I do find the braking is to harsh and late when ACC is on in traffic, but it is effectively just following the car in front (will the swarm data idea make a difference in the future?), and it also stops to close for my liking, ie you wouldn't be able to pull round to car in front without reversing. I like the idea of using the individual settings to adjust acceleration if it helps address the ACC issues mentioned so I'll give that a try, 990 miles so far, but only had the car just over two weeks 😁.
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post