Pre-delivery checks

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

There was a question the other day about whether things like tyre pressure warning should be set before collection etc. This is a summary of the list of things on the PDI checklist:

Check battery,motor, colour, trim, options etc matches the order sheet.
Check plastic parts and paintwork for damage and dirt.
Check ignition key for damage.
Check all door handles, doors, flaps etc.
Check alarm functions.
Tighten wheel bolts to correct torque and fit caps.
Check tyre pressure and fit caps.
Check battery voltages.
Check cables and hoses in engine bay for damage and security.
Check brake, coolant, washer fluid.
Check washers (windscreen, rear screen and headlights) and wipers function correctly.
Check seatbelts and adjusters.
Check seats and interior for damage and cleanliness.
Check passenger airbag switch functions. Leave in 'on' position.
Check language setting.
Set Climatronic to 22C
Check Infotainment/radio functions.
Check digital instructions on Infotainment function (ie Skoda Connect connects)
Set clock
Check all switches for damage and action
Check carpets and fit floormats
Check underbody for damage.
Check steering and suspension joints and bearings for damage and leaks.
Inspect tyres for damage
Remove locking blocks from front suspension.
Charge the high voltage battery
Remove all plastic covers and films.
Perform a test drive.

and then a load of stuff about completing paperwork, setting up service dates etc.

So possibly setting the tyre pressure warning system isn't included, so if you haven't done it, do it now ;)

But it also shows that there's no excuse for suspension blocks being left in, passenger airbag being left on disabled, plastic films left on the instruments etc. There are diagrams showing how to remove the (2 or 3) suspension blocks for example.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Thanks; I hope surgeons and pilots are more thorough with their check lists, than some dealership hand-over engineers seem to be!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

There are more things on the list, and pages of detail on what most of the steps entails but my copy of the relevant bit of the workshop manual is just an image so I had to type that lot by hand rather than copy and paste ;)

For the 2 yearly (or sooner if the car decides it need it sooner) service, it's mainly brake fluid, pollen filter and a lot of inspection of brakes, joints, bearings and bushes etc to check for wear. Oh and the 4G module should be replaced after 14 years :O
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Nice list - I can see at least 4 here that can't have been done properly for us. The car is consistently great. The dealerships more variable it seems.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post