Is Enyaq your first Skoda

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

The enyaq will be skoda no 6 for me.

I've had a mk1 fabia 1.4 16v, a mk1 Fabia vRS, a mk2 Octavia 2.0l tdi, a mk2 Octavia vRs 2.0l tfsi and currently a mk3 superb 280 4x4.
I keep looking at other cars, but I end up staying with a skoda as I like them.

robbieduncan

Post by robbieduncan »

First Skoda, first EV, first car ordered from new. I would have considered a Skoda in the past if they had made what I wanted. When we bought our current car (Passat GTE Estate) if there had been an equivalent PHEV Superb would have happily had one. But there wasn’t
60 Loft, Climate+, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive+, Parking+, Family Basic, Race Blue Metallic
Ordered Dec 2021, expecting deliver 2023
desholly

Post by desholly »

Yes It was my first Skoda and I must say after having for 4/5 weeks now I'm very please with the all round car, long may it continual.
foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

We have owned 2 Skoda Yetis and a Citigo, though the Enyaq replaces a BMW 3 series estate. We have also had another 2 Yetis and a Karoq for other members of the family.
The Yeti was a piece of design genius for a sensible, practical family car. It was no accident that 3/4 of UK motoring journalists either bought one themselves or recommended the Yeti to family members who then bought one.

The general public perception is still that the Skoda brand (and its cars) is inferior to the VW equivalent, let alone the premium German brands of BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
The objective reality is different, as I have seen from the manufacturers' own quality statistics.

Skodas are effectively VWs that have better ride quality and are made by people who care more about the build quality. Czech road surface quality has been similar to UK roads (up until about 4 years ago when we let the pot hole run rampant to save Government money), so their cars' ride & handling is optimised to suit. VWs are generally optimised for smoother road surfaces, though the recent Golf GTIs are an exception.

In terms of build quality, the Skodas are far, far better than VWs. VW typically lies 1/3 up the European league table of manufacturers for product quality. Skoda is consistently close to the top.

In summary then, Skodas are better cars but perceived as worse. Those who brave the brand shame are rewarded with great value, reliable cars that are better to drive.

Hope this helps,
Best regards, FT
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

This will be my first Skoda. I've known for a good number of years that Skoda was a good brand. We often ended up with a hire car for business in France and most of the time it was a Skoda. They were always good cars. It seems like a bit of a sweet spot to find a quality car electric that doesn't attract the attention of car thieves and electric haters (admittedly more of a US problem than Uk) simply because it has one badge rather than another.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
anotherjohn

Post by anotherjohn »

It will be - when it arrives (ordered end of August). With the exception of a 1 series BMW (nice bur you fell into it & it was a bit of a pain to get out of), we've stuck with Volkswagens for a while. SWMBO has had 3 Polos & I've had 2 Golfs & Passats. The BMW was replaced by a Golf SV (excellent seating position). I think it's a great recognition that VAG have given Skoda the lead in the design of the smaller EVs for the whole group.
Race blue 60, 100KW, partition net screen, climate basic, convenience, transport, drive basic, assisted drive, parking basic. Collected 23May22
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

First and last, having a car that does not work properly and being told to wait 6 months for a software update is unacceptable.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

For me us as a family we have had a few, perfect for a family with kids and dogs.

Currently have a Superb 280 4x4 estate for myself (purchased new in 2017), we also have a Kodiaq which is being traded for the Enyaq . We've had two Kodiaq's, first was a lease then we decided to buy, personally I find the Kodiaq to be a pretty bland car. We purchased the top of line one before the sportline came out and the vRS.

Other car is an Alpine a110

Looking forward getting the Enyaq, really lovely car.

Probably going to replace the Superb later this year with a BW i4 M50, nice to go back to another brand again, haven't owned a BMer for a few years
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

First Skoda here after nearly two decades of Mercedes Benz. Liked the look of the Karoq and Kodiaq before, but glad I waited for an EV to come out. When I told friends that I had ordered a Skoda, they really took the micky, reviving many old Skoda jokes from the 80s, Once they saw the new car and experienced the drive, they were genuinely impressed and admitted that the jokes belonged to a bygone era.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

GavinT wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:16 pm First Skoda here after nearly two decades of Mercedes Benz. Liked the look of the Karoq and Kodiaq before, but glad I waited for an EV to come out. When I told friends that I had ordered a Skoda, they really took the micky, reviving many old Skoda jokes from the 80s, Once they saw the new car and experienced the drive, they were genuinely impressed and admitted that the jokes belonged to a bygone era.

Exactly! When people have asked me in the past and I’ve said ‘BMW’, ‘Merc’ etc, it’s usually met with a response like “oh! Nice!”

Now when I say ‘Skoda’, people just say “oh. Right.”
😂😂
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post