Is Enyaq your first Skoda

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

This is my first Skoda. They were never on my radar until Enyaq. I wonder how many new customers Skoda will attract with Enyaq. Indeed it has opened my eyes to the comprehensive range and incredible vfm the brand offers. Quite impressive all round.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Absolutely 👍. My first Skoda too, and I will admit to having originally had quite a bit of anxiety coming away from decent German brands. Turns out this was completely ungrounded!

This is a company car, so part of my reasoning was “it goes back in 4 years, so what the heck”.

A major influencing factor was the huge saving with regards to company car BiK tax. Literally thousands every year.

I could have chosen a number of EV’s including Tesla 3, Merc EQA and Volvo XC40 but I am 100% convinced that the Enyaq was absolutely the right car to go with. Size, features, range and to a degree, looks.

Who knows if I’m a customer “for life”… 4 years is a long time and there will be more EV’s to select from then. But so far I am very pleased 👍
Last edited by Goaty on Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's my first brand new car ever, and my first European car for about 20 years. Also my first two wheel drive car for about 20 years too. I went through a series of Renault 5s from passing my test, then Japanese import turbo 4WD monsters (Pulsar GTI-R, Legacy GTB etc), then several non-turbo UK Subaru Legacy/Outbacks, then Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV was my move away from petrol. Also my wife had several 4x4s and 4WD SUV (Pajero, CRV etc). So far I haven't had any issues with only having the rear wheels driven ;)

Skoda have done well since VAG bought them to get rid of the old underpowered image from the 1970s and 80s. Now I think people are starting to realise that they are every bit as good as a VW or Audi, but not as expensive and often more practical and family friendly. And of the larger MEB platform cars, the Enyaq seems to have hit it just right - not as radical styling (and hard plastic interior) as the ID.4, not as expensive and plush as the Q4 etron.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Yes, first Skoda for us. Have considered their estate cars before, but this is the first time we’ve taken the plunge.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Yes, First Skoda and first EV. 6 months down the road, very happy.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
citylearn

Post by citylearn »

First Skoda for me and could hardly wait as wanted EV and original choice Kia e-Niro couldn't take bike rack on towbar so cancelled. Then looked for option of designed rather than converted EV so heard about Enyaq early on and loved it from word go. Still as pleased now that I've had it 2.5 weeks with a few functions/settings still to sort. Cant see me choosing to go back to ICE and as for buying another, this was chosen for the long term.
Had the Enyaq for over a year. iV80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 19” Regulus, 125kW, Electric Tow Bar, Climate, Light & View, Heat Pump, Convenience Package +, Asst Drive +, Comfort Seat Basic, Tethered Zappi for solar panels.
Daverichardson

Post by Daverichardson »

I had a Skoda Superb Estate a few years ago. A really excellent car, with incredible legroom in the rear seats, and a huge estate area to accommodate our giant breed dog (Leonberger).
The only issue was with the automatic gearbox: amazingly smooth, so you really couldn’t detect gear changes, but it started to slip on moving off. It was replaced under warranty, but the new one started to show signs of going the same way, so we sold it.
I did consider buying the Superb Estate hybrid, but decided against because it has the same gearbox!
Dad

Post by Dad »

First ever Skoda for us too. We were looking for a larger EV before we took the plunge to go electric.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
Rowly

Post by Rowly »

Yup! It will be my first Skoda and my first EV. I've never ever considered getting a Skoda before now and I must admit that's down to my own hang ups about the pre VAG days reputation & image of the 70's & 80's Skoda Estelle.
I made the decision to go EV both my wife and I lease hire our cars on 3 year contracts through our business and the BIK tax incentives made it a no brainer tbh.
My wife has had Land Rover Discoverys for years and years - I think the current one that is due to go back in March is her 5th in total - because she rides and needs to be able to tow around 2.5 - 3.0 tonnes of Trailer and Horse(s). This time she wanted to go for a Plug in Hybrid as the BIK on a deisel is around 37% but the PIH version again didn't have the towing capacity - to get this she would have had to have gone for a Range Rover.
I've always had a saloon type, previous cars have been a Renault Megan convertible, A BMW 4series Convertible and my current Lexus IS300h, none of which were practical for transporting a large German Shepherd about but no problem - if we take the dog anywhere he goes in the Disco.

Originally my new car was going to be our principle car as I wanted an car that I could happily take the dog out in and out of the the 4 cars I looked at - iV4, E-Nero & Kona, the Enyaq won hands down. By a country mile. I was totally blown away by the build quality and comfort of the demo I drove, and the wife's new car was to be a smaller run around. However the towing capacity of the Enyaq is no where near enough for her needs, so she's finally gone for a Mecedes 350 GLE de PIH as it has the same towing capacity as a Range Rover for the same sort of money, but nearly half the BIK cost - 7% instead of 19%.

I'm pretty sure the Skoda will become the general go to car for both of us and she'll only drive hers when she's taking the Horse out somwhere.
iV80 Black Magic ecoSuite, Heat Pump, Convenience+, Sunroof, Assisted Drive +, Comfort Basic, Climate Basic, Transport, Infotainment+. Orderd 24/10/21 Caffyns Tunbridge Wells. Confirmed build WK40/22 - Delivered 12/12/22
Bassoonbridge

Post by Bassoonbridge »

As far as I can remember, we've had a Fabia, Fabia estate, Octavia L&K, Yeti (yuk), Octavia Estate L&K and now this Sportline. So no problem with the brand!

Mrs bassoon is on her second BMW i3, so now fully electric. Never charged the i3 away from home, so only now getting to grips with the joys of remote charging. Hope our recent experience over Christmas of busy motorway charging, and queue etiquette, will not be typical. Only two stations at the flagship Gloucester services!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post