Intermittent fault

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Miket

Post by Miket »

Well after receiving my iv80 back in September 2021 the car going into the garage several times for a intermittent fault that’s trying to kill me, we’re the car suddenly swerves to the left, this has happened on several occasions now and possibly the worst was the Tuesday before Xmas when it did this and was heading towards a woman pushing a pushchair with a young child .
Skoda have now agreed that they are aware of the fault but say the software fix may be one week or could be several months or more? They are also agreeing to either accept a full rejection money back, take the car back for a replacement or just wait for the software update
This is leaving me with a dilemma of what to do as I like the car, I’m paying just under £500 pcp a month for a car that I don’t want to drive and only done 2000mile in the 4 months
Do I, what’s your thought!
Go for a full rejection and go for a full refund?
Wait for the software and risk crashing the car ?
Go for a replacement and posible end up with higher pcp payments ?

Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I wouldn’t wait for software fix - may take some time and may not fix the problem. Think the car has to go back - will they not replace on same pcp terms.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

Send it Back
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
RockyDog

Post by RockyDog »

With that fault its not safe to drive - take the offer of a replacement or your money back.
Today's a gift, yesterday is history and tomorrow a mystery.

80 IV Suite, 125w, heatpump, convience pack, climate pack plus and drive sport basic
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Ask for a curtesy car until they can fix yours, as it’s clearly not roadworthy.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Unless you can turn off the feature until a software update arrives and still get a full refund if it doesn't fix it, send it back. If something really bad happens, it would be very difficult to live with knowing that you could have prevented it.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

I suggest you reject it immediately and demand a courtesy car until replaced. As it is I suspect your insurance company may have issues if a crash occurs due to a known fault.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

If they can’t fix it quickly, I would recommend handing it back and demanding a new one (although that’s likely to mean having to wait several more months, I guess?). And they should provide a suitable lease car at their cost AND reimbursement for the extra costs associated with higher fuel prices, assuming the temporary replacement vehicle isn’t electric.

I was one of the first people in Europe to receive the ‘new 2002 Vectra’ roughly 20 years ago and it was plagued with issues. It went to Vauxhall in Luton twice (I know it was made in Germany) but the final straw was when the power steering kept failing at roundabouts; the steering wheel would randomly lock solid and they couldn’t fix it !! When I wrote to our fleet manager and Vauxhall and said in writing “this is an unsafe car to drive and I will have an accident one day in it”, it was immediately replaced. I think Vauxhall / Opel actually took possession of it in the end, possibly for an investigative strip down; when I checked it’s registration number, it said said something like “permanently exported”.

Best of luck and don’t let them fob you off ! You’ve spent a lot of money with them. They owe you, not the other way round 😉
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post