What are we getting kwh in cold weather.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Been between 0.5 and 2 degrees and have never seen 3, best today was 2.9kwh.

Does anyone free wheel, I must admit going to n for big hills.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:40 pm Been between 0.5 and 2 degrees and have never seen 3, best today was 2.9kwh.

Does anyone free wheel, I must admit going to n for big hills.

The Enyaq is a heavy lump to try and stop with just the brakes, coasting in N. I recall yours may be a 60 without flappy paddles?; what happens downhill in D mode? I thought that it would automatically coast a bit, whilst providing regen, as well as some additional assistance with braking but not enough to stop you ?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

If it's a nice big hill, then you ought to use regenerative braking to get a bit of charge back. Use paddles (if you have them, otherwise just let auto regen do it in D) to control the speed just like you would with a manual gearbox and engine braking. I haven't had chance to go anywhere hilly in my Enyaq, but in my Outlander PHEV, I used to be able to gain a couple of miles going down some of the hills near my sister's house in north Devon (then lose that range going up the other side of the valley of course!).

You really need to say what type of driving you're doing when quoting economy figures. I can easily get over 4.0 mi/kWh following a tractor at a constant 25mph, but around 3.0 mi/kWh is more typical for doing 60mph on A-roads, with acceleration and braking for corners and junctions etc.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I got 4.0 m/kWh from Portland Place (near Oxford Street) to Hammersmith two nights ago, but it wasn’t as cold as it is today. That was probably only 7 miles @ 30mph average.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

God we are lucky if we get 2.9kWh/M and its not even dropped to negative figures yet ! To be fair I do have the heat set at 20 cause I'm a cold tattie.

Bonus is we can charge for free throughout the city so I'm not to bothered haha.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

I got 3.4 m/kWh on long motorway drives over Christmas when around 5 degrees and with a fully laden car. Was pretty pleased.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Steffi

Post by Steffi »

Have now driven about 5000 km, all in cold weather here in Finland. About 1000 km is driven in -23 C, the rest from 0- -18C.
I drive economically, with 18-20 C in the cabin and a lot of coasting with D mode. I try to preheat the cabin and do not use AC or other heaters alot. Tires are 19 inch studded Michelin.
On long journeys, with -20 C temperatures I get about 26 kWh/100 km. -10 C consumption is aroud 23 kWh/100 km, and the one time i drove in 0 C temperature I got 18 kWh/100 km.
I have also noticed that the heatpump is not that effective in temperatures below -10 C and the GOM changes the range immediatley when temperature changes from -5/-10/-15 C. Also with a trailer the consumption rises with 10 kWh/100 km in -18 C (to 34 kWh).
On short trips the car is very thirsty, but often that is no problem.
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

I have driven 210 miles to Hull for work this morning 1.5 degrees pretty much the whole journey

And I got 3.0kw average (which I thought was pretty bad until reading this)

Now on charge at a free charger outside my hotel

So it’s going to be a very cheap 420 mile round trip
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Above 3.0 mi/kWh is what I aim to get on long journeys. If I see my average is below that I’ll consider slowing down a little. 55-60mph is my new norm for motorways, using ACC.

Energy consumption is affected by so many factors, but speed (and hence air and tyre resistance) is probably the greatest. Also any acceleration is bad, so cruise control is one way to improve matters. Once the car interior is up to temperature, heater/aircon isn’t as big a drain as you might think. But if you can knock it down a degree or two (leave it on full auto, as it will try to save energy where it can) do. I tend to set off with it on 18C and only turn it up if seat and steering heaters aren’t enough.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

It all depends - how long is a piece of string
Early December I did a 1600 mile round trip to Denmark, and had an average of 2.7-2.8m/kwh with a mix of weather, but never over 5º - frost, snow, ice, strong headwind etc

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post