What are we getting kwh in cold weather.

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Finland too, just drove 340km in -10Cish with slightly modified cv due to snow here and there on the car, 23.5kW/100km, similar as Steffi wrote above. 4 person and luggages in the back. Not that great, especially as mine is an iv60, so had to charge longer half way on the trip. The other direction we drove in -18C and it consumption was about 25kW/100km. Not great. Wonder if in the summer I can make it without charging stop... Let's see. (Studded Nokian, 19inch)

Delbert_Wilkins

Post by Delbert_Wilkins »

Drove from the south coast to Yorkshire yesterday, stopping once on the way at Peterborough. Steady 70mph most of the way in around 3 degrees C. Recorded 2.9 average.
iV80 Suite | Quartz Grey | Comfort Basic | Family Plus | Assisted Drive Basic | 125kW | Rear Side Airbags | Heat Pump | 20” Vega Wheels.
Ordered 31/8; Build week 44; Collected 28/12/21.
Longhorns

Post by Longhorns »

Today i got about 2.8 with the heating on low speed and 20deg interior temp. outside temp about 3deg. However yesterday with the temp at -4 all the way to work (25miles) i got a measly 1.9mile/kwh. not too good but i did have the heating fan on fast speed and a bit warmer at 24deg interior temp, so i think the answer to that is, go to work cold, but a warm backside with heated seats. I fully charged it overnight and the mileage stated 198miles at 100%, this morning, so that is well under the stated range, even to EV database quotes. so i think cold rainy weather will effect the range. but drive your Enyaq as if you're driving miss daisy about, we should all be OK.
Artic silver 60, 100kw charging, heatpump and a few other goodies.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Also remember hillier routes will use more power, even when they start and finish at the same elevation because regen braking only recovers a tiny amount of range. You use a lot more on the up than you gain on the down. Most of your energy is used to push the air out of the way, which is why you don't have to use your brakes as much as you'd think on the way down. The air is doing a lot of the work for you. My point is, 2 cars driving at the same temperature on the same day (both like Ms Daisy) in the same wind conditions but different altitudes profiles (one flat and one hilly), will achieve very different efficiencies. Our Norfolk Broad owners should do much better than those who live in the southwest near the coast and other very hilly parts of the country.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

Will people please do some learning and understand that there is no such thing as a 'stated range'. Range could be anywhere between a few miles and infinity. (ie coasting down a hill or trying to drive up a mountain towing a tonne of bricks). How you drive determines the actual range. The WLTP range is based on a standardised test so that it is possible to compare cars.

EV Database uses a similar estimate of average driving conditions to arrive at its figures. There is no guaranteed range figure for any car - whether it's EV, petrol, diesel or pedal powered.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

198 is ace, I only get 178.
I drive like miss daisy now but my prob is it us only the school run and the run to the kids clubs. No more 120mile round trips to the office. So last night was first time since got the car I got 3.1kwh 12 miles round trip to gymnastics and free wheeled about 4 miles of it.

Longhorns wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:16 am Today i got about 2.8 with the heating on low speed and 20deg interior temp. outside temp about 3deg. However yesterday with the temp at -4 all the way to work (25miles) i got a measly 1.9mile/kwh. not too good but i did have the heating fan on fast speed and a bit warmer at 24deg interior temp, so i think the answer to that is, go to work cold, but a warm backside with heated seats. I fully charged it overnight and the mileage stated 198miles at 100%, this morning, so that is well under the stated range, even to EV database quotes. so i think cold rainy weather will effect the range. but drive your Enyaq as if you're driving miss daisy about, we should all be OK.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Yeah, 198’s pretty good predicted range in a 60 but it does depend how it’s been driven, where it’s been driven and what the temperature was like outside- as well as temperature settings inside.

After some of my less efficient driving sessions in my 80, sometimes I only get around 230 miles of predicted range (because of course, the system assumes I will continue to drive in the same manner which it’s seen me drive over the last ‘x’ hundred miles).

When I do more efficient journeys, or drive less ‘enthusiastically’ for a few hundred miles (and in warmer weeks), then the system assumes quite rightly that that’s how things will be going forwards, and gives me predicted range up to 280 miles or thereabouts.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dad

Post by Dad »

Our predicted range is only 140 miles at 88% battery at the moment. This is following a 20 mile each way trip to Reading yesterday at around 1 degree temp and stop start most of the way.

Short stop/start drives seem the most inefficient. If I drive to the local park which is about 2.5 miles away or similar distance to a supermarket I notice the range drops by significantly more than the actual distance. Assuming mainly due to stop start most of the way. At least at Tescos we can usually add another free 10-15 miles to the range on Pod Point!

On longer drives we seem to be getting over 3 miles per KW.. sometimes 3.4.

Curious to see how the warmer months compare.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yeah - my average is pretty woeful at the moment, as I'm mainly just doing short trips to the nearest town to go to the supermarket. But on longer journeys on the motorway I'm getting over 3 mi/kWh quite easily. Looking forward to summer too.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I got 4.0 m/kWh on a good 7 mile run in city driving earlier this week. C London to W London. It was a pretty continuous journey without any jams. Only lots of traffic lights. It was warmer though. I think around +12 degrees C and above seems to make a noticeable difference. Also my battery may have still warm from my 36 mile journey into C London in the first place, 3 hours before I did the 7 mile trip. I didn’t check the stats for that part of the journey, but noticed them for the 7 mile bit (system had reset to zero whilst parked up for 3 hours).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post