Heated seats via remote APP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

Goaty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:53 am Now they just need to work out how to defrost the wing mirrors automatically at the same time ;-)

Then we’d literally be able to jump in the car and drive off immediately in icy weather :-)
I believe from other sites if you leave the window switch in the Heated Mirrors position that when the preheat comes on it will also start to heat the mirrors too.

Only got my Enyaq yesterday and forgot to try that lastnight.

On my previous Karoq the mirror switch we pretty much always in the heated mirror position at this time of year.

RichR

Post by RichR »

If you want the passenger mirror to dip when engaging reverse (electric seats only), then you need to leave it in the 'L' position. I've now decided I don't want it to dip anyway so mine is in the heat position (knowing it only runs for 10 minutes or so after switch on, then turns off automatically) as it clears the water droplets nicely from both mirrors.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Thanks both. So far, my mirrors don’t defrost (left in the heater position) when activating cabin pre-heating. It’s the only thing I have wait for (about 3 mins) otherwise I would just be able to drive straight off. Hopefully that will be fixed in a future update.

96149E9D-FDB4-4942-82CC-33456BAEB9ED.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

Goaty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:18 pm 👍🤣. In reality though, how are you finding the Ecosuite seats unheated in this weather? I’d not want to go back to unheated seats personally but apart from my previous car, I don’t think I ever had them (on leather) in the past - and I survived and so did the kids !!
I'm not finding it a problem.

To be sure, I haven't really used the car heavily since getting it. But I am retiring at the end of February, so that will change. Also, I was never planning on doing a lot of winter miles, which influenced my choices.

Add to that that I have a surfeit of - ahem - insulation in myself, I don't think it will ever be a problem for me.
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:00 pm /\ Thanks both. So far, my mirrors don’t defrost (left in the heater position) when activating cabin pre-heating. It’s the only thing I have wait for (about 3 mins) otherwise I would just be able to drive straight off. Hopefully that will be fixed in a future update.
Same here, mirror switch always left in the heater position, but still frosty mirrors until after ignition on !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Anhunedd

Post by Anhunedd »

Tried pre-heating with the new app version today. Set to "Front Right" seat only. Got to the car - it had pre-heated the front left seat instead with 2 bars. Sigh. "Simply Clever"?
RichR

Post by RichR »

That's the behaviour I was talking about - maybe only the v5 app can do it at all, and it gets left and right the wrong way round on RHD cars (assume the app isn't properly handling RHD model, given they're in the minority).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Hmm, thats interesting. I just tried it again on mine using the heat now and with left or right front seats on my phone app but only the cabin warmed, no heated seats.

I use an android phone tho with Skoda App version 5.0.2 software. But the platforms shouldn't make a difference, they all use the same API and servers.

In fact I also have Home Assistant and ioBroker systems to access the Skoda cloud servers, they both show that the servers are receiving the heated seat instruction.

Its just my car that doesn't receive that information !

@ Anhunedd - Did you use the departure timer or the heat now function on the Skoda APP ? And which phone platform ?
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I’m wondering if the seats will only come on with pre-heating, if the temperature is close to freezing? It was 8C here earlier this morning when I took my Enyaq to the Skoda dealership (door catching on something). Not sure what the temperature was elsewhere in the country.

My seats appeared to heat up last week when I pre-heated via the app… but it was below freezing outside.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I understand the frustration about a feature not working.

In my opinion this issue about seat heaters is no big deal. If my cabin is already heated, I rarely use the seat heaters anyway. Why use both? Also I feel like seat heaters work very fast anyways, so this does not get that high on my problem list.

As manufacturers often advice: instead of aggressive heating, it is more economical to use seat and steering wheel heaters instead. Vice versa, if you got one, why does one need the other then?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people taking time and sorting stuff like this out and reporting it to skoda, too.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post