Heated seats via remote APP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Does anyone use the Skoda APP to switch on their heated seats before they get into the vehicle ?

Mine doesn't work nor does the Windscreen heater control (rear window or my heated front windscreen). They only seem to work when the ignition is on !
I've tried with the car connected to my charge point and without, still nothing.

Is this another feature on the wonderful APP that doesnt work yet or am I missing something ?

But the remote interior pre heating/Climate control works fine tho with the APP, I can switch this on and set temperature perfectly.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I seem to recall there's a bug in one version of the app that causes the incorrect seat to be heated - ie if you select left, then it's the right. Possibly works fine if you set the schedule in the car though, but I haven't tried.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Same experience as far as I can tell.

The seats don’t seem to heat up, irrespective of the app setting.

I have Climate Plus which includes a heated windscreen element. As far as I can tell, this does actually work when set on the app although to be honest if the car has been heating anyway, that’s likely to clear the windscreen just as efficiently.

I’ve noticed that the door mirrors don’t defrost when app-activated pre heating is on - although that might be because I haven’t left the mirror switch on the door panel, in the Heated Mirror position! Not sure if that’s what we have do, to have the mirrors defrost via the app ? I keep forgetting to check.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:25 pm Same experience as far as I can tell.

The seats don’t seem to heat up, irrespective of the app setting.

I have Climate Plus which includes a heated windscreen element. As far as I can tell, this does actually work when set on the app although to be honest if the car has been heating anyway, that’s likely to clear the windscreen just as efficiently.

I’ve noticed that the door mirrors don’t defrost when app-activated pre heating is on - although that might be because I haven’t left the mirror switch on the door panel, in the Heated Mirror position! Not sure if that’s what we have do, to have the mirrors defrost via the app ? I keep forgetting to check.
My Climate Plus heated screen doesnt come on via the APP as far as I can tell. The icon on the infotainment screen is still off ( I have it as a favourite). But like you say the interior heating does a damn good job of clearing everything anyway !

My exterior mirrors don't heat up remotely either, even with them being selected to on position via the door switch.

But I havent tried the scheduling via the APP yet, maybe that might operate differently ?
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

RichR wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:23 pm I seem to recall there's a bug in one version of the app that causes the incorrect seat to be heated - ie if you select left, then it's the right. Possibly works fine if you set the schedule in the car though, but I haven't tried.
I think this 'bug' was to do with the physical rear seat controls on the rear console being reversed. ie the left button turned on the right seat heater !

But my remote APP doesnt mention rear seat heating.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Here’s what my app shows. Doesn’t seem to enable Heated Seats anyway remotely (or even let me select or deselect the rear seats) but after the cabin’s been warmed for 30 mins, I don’t really notice that the seats are cold. They warm up quickly anyway when I’m in the car.

What I would like the app to offer - which it doesn’t currently do - is reduced pre-heating time. It defaults to 30 mins but actually 10 mins would be enough in most cases, just to get the ice off.

22802CC8-6039-48C3-83A5-2C27FB1FB8B7.png

A3515726-FB65-40CE-BB5D-EE3EBD820DDD.png

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:45 pm Here’s what my app shows. Doesn’t seem to enable Heated Seats anyway remotely (or even let me select or deselect the rear seats) but after the cabin’s been warmed for 30 mins, I don’t really notice that the seats are cold. They warm up quickly anyway when I’m in the car.

What I would like the app to offer - which it doesn’t currently do - is reduced pre-heating time. It defaults to 30 mins but actually 10 mins would be enough in most cases, just to get the ice off.
That's identical to mine.

Cabin preconditioning only.

Using the departure planner makes no difference either - only works the cabin preconditioning. Just tried it out.
Heated seats dont work, nor does window heating even tho they are selected on with the APP. (No door mirror heat either).

Yeah a shorter or adjustable pre-heat time would be good. Just 10mins is adequate as you say for most cold mornings.

Maybe in the next OTA update :lol:
RichR

Post by RichR »

No, it was definitely an issue with the app and front seat heaters. I know about the rear seat heater switch issues :)

Pre-heat time can be less than 30 minutes if it reaches the target. I've noticed the fans switch off well before the 30 minutes some times. But I tend to set a target of 17C at this time of year. No point heating the car massively hotter than the outside air, just enough to ensure the windows demist and any ice melts and it's comfortable. Then I'll increase it to 19C or so if I still feel cold once I've started driving. For short journeys, 17C is fine for me.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Thanks - I think someone mentioned that before but I forgot to try that approach. Will do next time👍
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Do heated seats work in any case when no one is sitting in them?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post