Heated seats via remote APP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Erakettu wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:01 am I understand the frustration about a feature not working.

In my opinion this issue about seat heaters is no big deal. If my cabin is already heated, I rarely use the seat heaters anyway. Why use both? Also I feel like seat heaters work very fast anyways, so this does not get that high on my problem list.

As manufacturers often advice: instead of aggressive heating, it is more economical to use seat and steering wheel heaters instead. Vice versa, if you got one, why does one need the other then?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people taking time and sorting stuff like this out and reporting it to skoda, too.
I must admit I hardly ever use the heated seats in this car, nor in my previous vehicles, I always dress for the appropriate weather !

its just a nice feature to have. Like you say, these ones are very fast warming and together with the excellent cabin preheat I'm always comfortable on my journeys start.

It would be nice to know though if the APP actually works or not and if so at what the ambient temperatures needs to be ?

I did email Skoda customer services a couple weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply other than the automated acknowledgment !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I use heated seats to soothe my aching back more than to warm my bottom :)

Combined with the massage seat function on Comfort Plus and the hugely supportive Sportline seats it's really good for backache!
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Just been browsing one of the German Enyaq forums. They have been questioning the function of the heated seat selection on the APP also.

Their conclusion is that if you select the heated seats via the APP, then they will only activate once your bum is actually on the seat !

Kind of makes sense, but I've yet to experience that.
Anhunedd

Post by Anhunedd »

I switched my app setting to Left Front and this morning it heated the Right Front "correctly" (in the sense that is the one I wanted!). So the bug is still there, even in the new version (on iOS). I am sure one day down the line I will suddenly find it is heating the wrong side again and I will need to correct it back, but at least I have control.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Anhunedd wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:02 pm I switched my app setting to Left Front and this morning it heated the Right Front "correctly" (in the sense that is the one I wanted!). So the bug is still there, even in the new version (on iOS). I am sure one day down the line I will suddenly find it is heating the wrong side again and I will need to correct it back, but at least I have control.
Did you also have the Cabin preheat on via the APP as well or just the seat heating ?
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

marccdavison wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:48 pm
Goaty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:53 am Now they just need to work out how to defrost the wing mirrors automatically at the same time ;-)

Then we’d literally be able to jump in the car and drive off immediately in icy weather :-)
I believe from other sites if you leave the window switch in the Heated Mirrors position that when the preheat comes on it will also start to heat the mirrors too.

Only got my Enyaq yesterday and forgot to try that lastnight.

On my previous Karoq the mirror switch we pretty much always in the heated mirror position at this time of year.
I was told by my dealership specifically not to leave the switch in the heated mirrors position as it would burn out the heaters fairly quickly. Apparently they've had a few Enyaqs back in to replace them...
RichR

Post by RichR »

Interesting - most VW group mirrors only heat for 10 minutes then switch off. Might have to test that at some point.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bother7

Post by Bother7 »

I've just had the below from Skoda re the heated seats activating by the app during pre-conditioning

"Dear Customer,

the seat heating is working based on the outside temperature. The vehicle switch this service on when the outside temperature is under 5 degrees. You can switch it on in the mobile application, but this function is working under these conditions:

1) outside temperature lower than 5 degrees > the vehicle will turn it on
2) outside temperature higher than 5 degrees > the vehicle will not turn it on

For example, if you have a vehicle in the garage where is 6 degrees, the seat heating will not work."

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post