Heated seats via remote APP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

I actually tend to use heated seats more to soothe my bad back than to warm my backside ;)

Thankfully those big Sportline seats come with heating as standard. I've got Comfort Seat Plus, which means I also get a massage function on the driver's seat. It's not subtle, but it does a good job when you're on a long journey and need to move things around a bit to stay comfortable.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:53 am Not sure if it was because the temperature was -5 here or there’s been an update somewhere, but the app heated my seats automatically today 👍. First time I think.

Now they just need to work out how to defrost the wing mirrors automatically at the same time ;-)

Then we’d literally be able to jump in the car and drive off immediately in icy weather :-)

App settings as below:
Hey that's interesting news. Must admit I've not even bothered trying mine for a few days as not really needed to go out. But its not that cold here, just about -2 deg I think today.

Did the seats come on when you requested them to, or automatically in conjunction with the pre heating ?

Also I run my app via Android. I see yours is an IOS Beta version ? But that shouldn't really make a difference, its the program in the cloud server that does the work not the way its accessed.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I needed to go out unexpectedly this morning so about 20 mins before leaving, I defrosted the car via the app (settings as per my post above).

When I got to the car, all ice had cleared (except the mirrors) and both the front seats were warm, with two ‘bars’ showing on the screen for both seats. The temperature outside was minus 5, according to my phone. I didn’t check what the car said the temperature was.

I checked my iOS app version but it’s not a new one.

3D8D5BA1-B880-42B7-BD96-B24384F18604.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

There is a version 5 for iPhone now. No real change other than the layout - and it no longer says 'beta' on the climate control bit.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ I’ve just had a thought though…. I have a setting somewhere to automatically turn the heated seats and steering wheel on when I enter the car, if the temperature is below ‘x’. I can’t remember what ‘x’ is though and I don’t think it’s a value which can be changed. It’s a setting in the car, not the app.

So ‘possibly’ my seats may have felt warm because of the warm air blowing from the central blower stack, which had been blowing hot air for 20 mins. Perhaps the heated seat icons only came on because of the setting I mention above.

Plenty of opportunity to check this over the next few cold mornings. It did absolutely feel like dedicated heated seat warmth rather than from hot air which had been blowing across the front seats during pre-heating.
Last edited by Goaty on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:51 pm There is a version 5 for iPhone now. No real change other than the layout - and it no longer says 'beta' on the climate control bit.

Not in my app-store yet….
RichR

Post by RichR »

Hmm, I installed it on mine yesterday. Search for 'My Skoda' and it should be there, with the button to upgrade the existing version.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:02 pm Hmm, I installed it on mine yesterday. Search for 'My Skoda' and it should be there, with the button to upgrade the existing version.

Thanks - this eventually worked 👍. Now also on version 5.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:56 pm /\ I’ve just had a thought though…. I have a setting somewhere to automatically turn the heated seats and steering wheel on when I enter the car, if the temperature is below ‘x’. I can’t remember what ‘x’ is though and I don’t think it’s a value which can be charged. It’s a setting in the car, not the app.

So ‘possibly’ my seats may have felt warm because of the warm air blowing from the central blower stack, which had been blowing hot air for 20 mins. Perhaps the heated seat icons only came on because of the setting I mention above.

Plenty of opportunity to check this over the next few cold mornings. It did absolutely feel like dedicated heated seat warmth rather than from hot air which had been blowing across the front seats during pre-heating.
I found this page on the air condition settings, but it doesn't say what the required temperature needed is.

Mine has always been off, I've just set it to 'low' to try next cold day.

20220120_151600.jpg

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ ah yes, that’s the screen.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post