Heated seats via remote APP

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Bryanmet wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:22 pm Do heated seats work in any case when no one is sitting in them?
Not normally, no.

But the APP suggests otherwise with the available option. Maybe its just a way to preheat on a low setting ? Doesn't seem to work anyway tho :lol:
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

When I’m driving, I can actually activate the empty front and rear heated seats - ahead of picking up my passengers.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Goaty wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:03 pm When I’m driving, I can actually activate the empty front and rear heated seats - ahead of picking up my passengers.
You're right, I just tried it too ! First car I've had that does that.

But that's with ignition on of course.

I'll just stick with the excellent precondition system for moment.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

I thought the seats would only heat if it detects a body on them. Maybe you can select from the app if no one is sitting on them, they remain off. May be try putting a bag on one and see if it makes a difference.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

ChangoMutney wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:07 pm I thought the seats would only heat if it detects a body on them.
This is normally the case and was mentioned in earlier post but has since proved to be wrong. I can warm the heated seats ( with Climate control on or off ) without anybody sitting in them, by tapping the icons on the infotainment screen .

But not by the APP :?

I've also tried sitting in the car and selected the heated seats on with the APP. Nothing happens.
Anhunedd

Post by Anhunedd »

Yeah - same with me - used the app a few times to pre-heat the car, and although the heated seat is selected, it just doesn't turn on.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Not sure if it was because the temperature was -5 here or there’s been an update somewhere, but the app heated my seats automatically today 👍. First time I think.

Now they just need to work out how to defrost the wing mirrors automatically at the same time ;-)

Then we’d literally be able to jump in the car and drive off immediately in icy weather :-)

App settings as below:

2116F09C-B839-40B6-AF07-F6D36F62A00D.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

There has been an app update on IOS - 5.0.0
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I was just thinking "gosh I must check my app for that", when I realised... I don't have heated car seats. :D

Not being funny at all, this is how my mind works!
Enyaq iV 60. Energy Blue with EcoSuite, 19" wheels, 100kW charging.
Comfort Basic, Assisted Drive Plus (Drive Sport), HUD, Parking Basic, Transport, Panoramic Sunroof.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Chris__M wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:02 pm I was just thinking "gosh I must check my app for that", when I realised... I don't have heated car seats. :D

Not being funny at all, this is how my mind works!

👍🤣. In reality though, how are you finding the Ecosuite seats unheated in this weather? I’d not want to go back to unheated seats personally but apart from my previous car, I don’t think I ever had them (on leather) in the past - and I survived and so did the kids !!

I know there are generally recommendations to heat seats and steering wheels rather than the cabin (to maximise efficiency) but in reality despite having heated seats all round, I still have to heat the cabin anyway (with a/c on too) to prevent the windows misting. Therefore I don’t think you’re missing out on too much, not having heated seats - you’d likely find - as I do - you still need cabin heating to avoid misting 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post