DC charging and 100kw DC charging option

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
patriclus_88

Post by patriclus_88 »

(I am still waiting on ANYONE to give me some idea of what is going on here...)

* Update * - got the car back from the workshop, they said the car was fine, no errors detected. Plugged it in on my way home: - 'Electric Drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop.' the charge then dropped to under 1kw. I stopped and disconnected the charger and restarted the car. I then got this message: 'Performance is restricted. Please consult vehicle wallet.' (Two errors on the dash, electric drive and performance restricted) Had to limp the car home. Called the dealer, they collected the car. Now I have another courtesy car after getting mine back for 1 day. Since getting my car in December I have tried charging it at public stations 4 times, every time I have had the 'electric drive not working' error, not once have I completed a charge, but the errors clear themselves after I park and get out the car for a while.

Ive now emailed the workshop photos of the errors. On top of the 50kw charging nonsense i am loosing my patience with this car. The most annoying thing is the dealership doesn't seem to be able to diagnose the issue, and since they cant diagnose it, (they have used the 22kw charger at the garage and said it works fine) there isn't an issue, and they don't seem to understand that if I had driven any significant distance and needed to quick charge, I would be stranded. A comparison would be not being able to refuel a ICE car... It is not acceptable.

If anyone has any clue to what is going on here can you please let me know.

Deleted User 368

Post by Deleted User 368 »

I have no clue what’s going on - but; The garage 22kw charger must be a 3 phase AC charger. The 50 kw fast chargers are DC and that’s very different; if the garage don’t know that you have no hope!! They need to check the DC charging circuitry.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

andanother11 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:54 pm Is there any way to check if your car actually came with the upgraded 100kw / 120kw charging (without actually trying it on a fast charger)?
Just found a way to check what charge rate my Enyaq is fitted with.

I used a home automation platform called ioBroker, then added the VW Connect adaptor, within that is a selection for the Enyaq. Simply add your email and logon details (same as your Skoda Connect).

Open up the files within the Objects and hey presto, all the basic specification is available to view. Tons of other stuff that I have no idea either !

I installed ioBroker on an old Raspberry Pi 3, but you can use a pc or whatever you wish to install it.

Heres a screen shot of mine showing the 100kW charge rate :-

IObroker we conect.jpg

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

Although undoubtably impressive, I was hoping for something a bit simpler. :D

I will perhaps get myself over to the Cobham M25 Ionity in the next couple of days
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

andanother11 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:31 am Although undoubtably impressive, I was hoping for something a bit simpler. :D
I agree that you have to be a little computer savvy, but its all free and with a bit more programming also has the advantage of connecting to Amazon Alexa and Google Home seamlessly so you can control your Enyaq remote functions by just talking to it !

Now that is impressive lol. :D
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

Could you use it to start and stop a charge at a certain time?
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Well if it works on the current Skoda App it should work on this. To be honest I've not tried it yet.

I've just used this ioBroker software to check my charge limit, I've not had time to go into the programming of it.

But I'm sure someone will come up with the answer on here.
coom80

Post by coom80 »

Regarding the original question ins the £500 upgrade, I had this link saved…. Not sure if it’s what you were looking for. Not even sure it’s valid in the UK? Can’t see why it wouldn’t be but when has that ever mattered?

https://shop-skoda-be.translate.goog/n ... pto=nui,sc
Skoda ENYAQ 150kW 80 Sportline 82kWh 5dr Auto
Race Blue Metallic
Convenience Package Plus
Infotainment Package Plus
Panoramic Sunroof
Tow Bar Electrically Retractable
patriclus_88

Post by patriclus_88 »

tiger tony wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:50 pm
andanother11 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:54 pm Is there any way to check if your car actually came with the upgraded 100kw / 120kw charging (without actually trying it on a fast charger)?

I used a home automation platform called ioBroker, then added the VW Connect adaptor, within that is a selection for the Enyaq. Simply add your email and logon details (same as your Skoda Connect).

Open up the files within the Objects and hey presto, all the basic specification is available to view. Tons of other stuff that I have no idea either !

I installed ioBroker on an old Raspberry Pi 3, but you can use a pc or whatever you wish to install it.

IObroker we conect.jpg

I wonder if you could change the value yourself? I've managed to confirm with Skoda UK that it is a 'simple software' update. Apparently there is a code that the dealer needs to change it but I'm skeptical...
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

patriclus_88 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:18 am
tiger tony wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:50 pm

IObroker we conect.jpg

I wonder if you could change the value yourself? I've managed to confirm with Skoda UK that it is a 'simple software' update. Apparently there is a code that the dealer needs to change it but I'm skeptical...
If only it was that easy, unfortunately its a read only value. It can't be written to as far as I can determine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post