February software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
orrery

Post by orrery »

BioHzrd wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:30 pm Rapids are all a hit or a miss in terms of peak power specially I'd there is a few in the same "hub"
The grid can only supply so much peak power in one area....

I'm on my 5th EV over 8 years, so I do have some experience of using rapids, including using one of the rapids I mentioned with the previous Leaf (several times).

That specific rapid would have (initially at least) delivered 47kW to the Leaf (using Chademo, not CCS, of course). It delivered 33kW to the Enyaq. The other of the pair was not being used at the time.

Rapid charger power restriction (excluding car and battery factors) is usually down to:
- two charging on the same rapid, the available maximum power gets shared (if set for dual charging)
- using one of a row of chargers, where the grid feed is limited (i.e. the incoming cable). Sometimes the chargers can intelligently share the power between them, so it matters what vehicles are connected to the other chargers.
- I don't think that there are dynamic factors which impact the grid feed, except possibly in places like Braintree which have an on-site grid level battery, so local level of charge may be a factor.

My concern is that the Enyaq is not taking charge at any reasonable level - a factor controlled by the car's battery management system, and certainly not up to the graphs I've seen published, which indicate that it should take 50kW from a 50kW charger until quite high up the charge level. In a direct comparison with the Leaf (50kW max), the Enyaq (125kW max) appears to be charging at a slower rate - this is dire when you consider that the Enyaq has temperature control on the battery pack and the Leaf has no such luxury.

I can only hope that the forthcoming software update resolves this issue. Otherwise, I'll be looking closely at how early I can swap back to Nissan and get an Ariya. Despite the Enyaq being a very nice car, Nissan's EV experience over VW Groups inexperience is glaring obvious to me.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

zice

Post by zice »

orrery wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:50 am I can only hope that the forthcoming software update resolves this issue. Otherwise, I'll be looking closely at how early I can swap back to Nissan and get an Ariya. Despite the Enyaq being a very nice car, Nissan's EV experience over VW Groups inexperience is glaring obvious to me.
feature & pricing wise the Ariya looks like the better deal over anything MEB-based.
however the only question mark i have is the consumption. It cannot be that with 88kWh netto it has less (or even close to equal) WLTP range than a battery with 10 kWh less.

In the meantime we should look for the Megane Etech reviews, since it's the same platform as Ariya.
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

My Enyaq 80X is planned to be produced in week 9. Does anyone know if cras produced in 2022 will have any update / improvement versus the previous productions. I mean in software and/or in ant other detail, such as audio system, etc..
RichR

Post by RichR »

Generally, no new features over what you ordered. Software version will be the latest at time of build however.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

My car has just been returned from the Dealer having spent 5 days trying to resolve non- functioning night mode on the Sat Nav. Original software deleted and “updated” with a new version sent by the factory. Result no fix and software version is exactly the same as the version previously on the car. Dealer saying will now have to wait for a software update. Dealer was in daily contact with Skoda, so if new cars are being fitted with V3 software why is this not yet available to problem cars that spend days in the workshop to be returned with the same fault? That said I can live with the Sat Nav issues for a another month or two, but not impressed with Skoda customer service!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Dorsetandy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:19 am Result no fix and software version is exactly the same as the version previously on the car.!
So does that mean you can't get the V3 update if you have the Sat Nav glitch?
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

No - the V3 update should solve the glitch according to my Dealer, however, it is not yet available as an update. A complete delete of the existing software and factory provided reload of current software has not solved the issue!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Persolus

Post by Persolus »

Dorsetandy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:19 am My car has just been returned from the Dealer having spent 5 days trying to resolve non- functioning night mode on the Sat Nav. Original software deleted and “updated” with a new version sent by the factory. Result no fix and software version is exactly the same as the version previously on the car. Dealer saying will now have to wait for a software update. Dealer was in daily contact with Skoda, so if new cars are being fitted with V3 software why is this not yet available to problem cars that spend days in the workshop to be returned with the same fault? That said I can live with the Sat Nav issues for a another month or two, but not impressed with Skoda customer service!
My dealer had my car for a week too for the same issues. They wanted to keep it longer, but after reading here and in Facebook, I took it back. It appears that Skoda do not have a fix.

They say that they swapped the screen unit with a known good car, but it did not fix it. What they did not do is match the software to the good one. Perhaps the answer for for the nav system issue lies with a new software/hardware/chipset swap, or any combination thereof. But all hardware is probably assigned to fulfilling orders on the production line, meaning existing customers are bottom of the priority list. The introduction of the Coupe will probably not help.

As with all others similarly affected, I await the much promised software update. I just wish Skoda would be more transparent.
Brussels

Post by Brussels »

Any miracle way to use software to make the AC charger 22kw instead of 11kw?
Reserved demo car at dealership, delivery: 16/02/2023 after 7500 kms
Demo car so no choice. Sunroof, Silver, Suite, crystal face :roll: , HUD, Family Basic, No Travel Assist (only basic) :evil: heat pump :D 19´ wheels

First time EV owner, Belgium
RichR

Post by RichR »

Brussels wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:35 pm Any miracle way to use software to make the AC charger 22kw instead of 11kw?
No - that would require different AC/DC converter hardware and possibly wiring upgrading. You probably ought to be using DC charging for above 11kW anyway.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post