February software update

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ did it become free, or now they include it as standard, aren’t they just building that £440 into the price anyway?
Hopefully the latter 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

RichR

Post by RichR »

It never 'became free'. At first it came that you couldn't untick the optional package (so you paid the extra because of that), and then they removed the option and just added it onto the base price.

This isn't about the package that takes it from 50kW to 100kW/125kW - this software update bumps it from 100kW to 120kW (60) and 125kW to 135kW (80). If you only have 50kW, you'll still only have 50kW unless you pay the £450 or so to have it upgraded.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

RichR - hmmm - I wonder if an upgrade can be achieved via ODBEleven?
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Maybe - though it'll be BMU firmware that needs updating, which might not be possible through that method. I happily paid for 125kW charging when I built my spec so I'm not fussed personally. I tend to plan my stops so I charge around 30% to 70% so in fact rarely get anything near 125kW anyway (but do usually get more than 50kW for some of the charge).
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
orrery

Post by orrery »

RichR wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:36 pm Maybe - though it'll be BMU firmware that needs updating, which might not be possible through that method. I happily paid for 125kW charging when I built my spec so I'm not fussed personally. I tend to plan my stops so I charge around 30% to 70% so in fact rarely get anything near 125kW anyway (but do usually get more than 50kW for some of the charge).
You've been luckier than I have. I've attempted two rapid charges, both from just under 50%...

An Instavolt 50kW: got 33kW, which is less than I'd get on my old 50kW Leaf (usually started at about 47kW)

A Shell 150kW: got just over 50kW

Both results appear to be pretty hopeless to me. I'm beginning to wonder if I've actually got the 125kW charging that I ordered. Is there any way to check?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

A lot of the issue is that although a rapid charger physically is capable of a certain rate, often the supply to it isn’t. Or it’s shared with another unit so if both are in use you only get half.

I probably have been lucky - but I like to pick places I think will be less busy, even if it means a slight diversion. Instavolts at lonely KFCs in the middle of nowhere for example 🙂
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

There is one known way to check your Max charge rate on your vehicle.

But you need to download and run a piece of software used for home automation called ioBroker onto a PC, once loaded you can install an integration called VW-connect. After opening, and entering your VIN number this will enable you to access the Skoda Server - same as the phone APP does, but you will have more detailed information about your vehicle. On there it states the max charge rate and lots of other data.
Last edited by tiger tony on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Rapids are all a hit or a miss in terms of peak power specially I'd there is a few in the same "hub"

The grid can only supply so much peak power in one area plus battery tends and all other factors play into it, sadly its not as simple as picking 95 or 99 at the pump and paying 1.48p a ltr !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Dugaleen

Post by Dugaleen »

Used the Gridserve Electric forecourt near Braintree Wednesday. Started with 49miles left and whizzed up to 80kw in no time on a 350kw station. Also saw another Enyaq leaving on our arrival. So finally checked my fast charge £440 option is up to the task.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Perchede wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:32 pm RichR - hmmm - I wonder if an upgrade can be achieved via ODBEleven?
Unlikely, unless you can get a license code, that is assigned to your VIN, then maybe.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post