Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
mrdparsons

Post by mrdparsons »

Ah. So I just posted about this happening to mine after 3 days.

chris55070

Post by chris55070 »

I have now got my vehicle back today. Skoda technical authorised my garage to do the software update before it has been realised as this has sorted the issue so it would appear Skoda are fully aware!!!

I also got compensated for my issues!!

Don’t take no for an answer
Dad

Post by Dad »

Hi Chris. Our dealer said the same to us last week and updated the software. However it is still showing as version 0795 in the vehicle settings. Could you check which version your car is showing please?
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
white67

Post by white67 »

chillyboy123 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:43 pm Read the same thing is happening on the VW ID side.

Mainly due to a battery coolant pump failure.

This would be pretty horrible if it happened on a smart motorway with no hard shoulder.
Having just had this message on my 60, is there a connection with temperature? Darn cold here today and it popped up on starting. Car's going fine though - so far.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Dad wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:10 am Hi Chris. Our dealer said the same to us last week and updated the software. However it is still showing as version 0795 in the vehicle settings. Could you check which version your car is showing please?
PLEASE NOTE:

They may well have updated the drive unit software within your vehicle, but the "version 0795" you are looking at only refers to the infotainment screen control unit software .
There are 20 to 30 control units (depending on specs) within the Enyaq, all with their own software versions.
Unless they have downloaded a new version of the infotainment screen it will always say 0795. ("0795" is the current and final version until the new V3.0 comes along).

You will need an OBD scanner to delve deeper into the control software to see if any changes have taken place.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Cheers Tony
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

finlayp

Post by finlayp »

So a bit more serious in my case!

Had the car 2 days and this morning less than a mile into my journey, loud bang and car ground to a halt.

Same fault screen as yours, but additionally, another screen with same image but drive component's highlighted in red and message
Drive not working correctly. Stop car safely!

Only good thing was it was early morning and road where it happened wasn't to busy, albeit just before brow of a hill, so uncomfortable waiting for breakdown truck as traffic began to build.

Not sure what might have happened had it been on motorway, and not sure I have confidence in car once the dealer has diagnosed the fault.

20220303_072555.jpg

20220303_072601.jpg

Paul DS

Post by Paul DS »

I am disappointed to report the same problem occurred at the weekend on the A1(M). First, a red warning indication that the vehicle had a loss of 12V charge, then immediately afterward an amber warning that the 'Electric Dive was not working correctly. Please visit workshop'. This resulted in a complete loss of drive power which panicked my wife as we had a large 7.5Tonne truck on our rear bumper. Fortunately, I managed to put on my hazard lights and eventually came to a stop on an off-ramp (as there was no hard shoulder on the section I was on). When it was safe to get out of the car, we locked it and after 5 mins got back in, however, the same warning message was displayed on the dashboard. I was surprised to discover that when I engaged Drive the vehicle was able to be driven. Naturally, I drove back home (15miles) via back roads, at significantly reduced speed as the warning message was still being displayed. The next day the message had disappeared and no log was shown on the status display screen.
The local dealer has been quick to book the vehicle in to check it under warranty (only 2 days wait), however, they advised that they had not come across this problem before.
I will update once my car is returned tomorrow.
Enyaq iV 80 EcoSuite, 125 kW DC Charging, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Driver Basic, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Silver alloys, Black (ordered 24 June '21 - Delivered 11 Nov '21).
Dad

Post by Dad »

Paul.. exactly the same symptoms as we experienced (in the first post).

We’ve had no reoccurrence. Good luck.

zice

Post by zice »

sometimes the so called "bus rest" helps.
Basically shutdown the car, move away with the key from near the car and leave it to shut everything down for 15-20min.
12V system gives weird errors like this, cascading ECU errors....with no apparent reason and they go away the same way.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post