Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Dad

Post by Dad »

98E11F1A-1913-445B-80A6-947393C0F37B.jpeg

On our trip this week we had a serious issue where the car displayed the message above and then reduced in speed from 65mph to zero on the M40 near Gaydon. My wife was driving and we stopped on the hard shoulder. After a minute or so of deliberation she put the car back in Drive to see if we could limp back to the nearest service station. To our surprise the car worked perfectly though the warning message remained.

We stopped at the Services and then wondered what to do next. Then the warning message vanished completely so we decided to try and get to the next service station at a slower speed. To cut the long story short, the car carried on without any issues all the way to Chester and back without any recurrence of the warning message. There is no record of the warning message in settings.

One odd thing we did spot was that this warning and loss of power happened at exactly 1000 miles. Will have to take it to the dealer to see if they can see anything in the system logs.

Just posting this as there appear to be a few other owners experiencing drive related issues so it’s a good idea to record them here for reference.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514

PhilMK

Post by PhilMK »

I just posted earlier today.
Car in garage after 2 weeks use.
Check my post.
I had that error and car wouldn't move.
Long story short I drove 111 miles in total since new.
Car still off road
I've decided to reject Car.
Hope you Car doesn't suffer same.
Dad

Post by Dad »

Hi Phil. I wasn’t sure if it was the same issue as yours because our warning message has gone completely. We do intend to let the dealer know in any case.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

chris55070

Post by chris55070 »

Good evening,

I have just had the exact thing happen to me. I was driving my wife and two young girls to the shops and we got a complete shut down and then the same error message. Luckily I was only doing about 35mph at the time but still it could have been worse.
The vehicle is now back at the garage after only having it for two weeks and I’ll await the call tomorrow!
I really hope Skoda are aware and sorting this potential lethal issue, if not I may have to start with a strongly worded email and then escalate 🤣
Dad

Post by Dad »

Because our message disappeared and the car has been fine since (and covered another 400 miles), Skoda Assist do not see it as critical and the earliest the local dealer can look at it is in two weeks time.

We have another South to North trip next week which will add another 500 miles so fingers crossed…!

I would really appreciate it if you could share the feedback from the garage.

chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

Read the same thing is happening on the VW ID side.

Mainly due to a battery coolant pump failure.

This would be pretty horrible if it happened on a smart motorway with no hard shoulder.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
chris55070

Post by chris55070 »

I’m still waiting for the garage to call me in regards to this but of course I will send you an update when I know more.
chris55070

Post by chris55070 »

I have had contact from the garage and the error codes have been sent to Skoda HQ. They are not happy for me to have the vehicle back until they have confirmed the safety so it would be worth taking your vehicle in and telling them it needs sorting just to be on the safe side.
Just don’t take no for an answer
Dad

Post by Dad »

Our car went in to the dealer today for them to read the codes as scheduled a few weeks ago. They informed my wife that there were quite a few codes (didn’t explain what) and that they have updated the software version on the car. The car is now back with us.

To recap, we only got the error message (see post #1) once at the start of January. It disappeared after an hour or so and hasn’t returned. We have covered an additional 1500 miles since.

Let’s see…

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

So what is the SW version the car is on now? Is it an update (that is visible in the release name) or just reflashed the same SW?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post