Phone cable

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

andanother11 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:12 pm You need a usb c to micro USB 2.0
Agreed. Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fasgear-Micro- ... 120&sr=8-3

If you've got the 2021 version (flash on back is in the same rectangle as the camera lenses, see picture), then it has Android 11 so Android auto should work. Not sure if it does it wirelessly though, or of it needs the cable.

2021 1s:

IMG_20220116_154843.jpg

Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

thanx again guys and galls for all this advice.

Yep snalbansed that’s the one I have, flash in box. Our Dave… that’s me son got the B1 first but it was crap and we took it back, something about Android light or LT, but it wouldn’t even connect to the car.

Oks andanother11, a usb c to micro USB 2.0 it will be.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Tamworth-Pig wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:57 pm [...] he also attempted to transfer mp3 music files, but that didn’t work.

I read in the owners manual that the cable connection was for data as well as charging, I thought maybe mp3 go that way too: I’ve gotten very familiar with `Planet Rock’ but by now I'm yearning for some old favorites .
I would assume that if you are connected by Bluetooth, you would be able to "play" the music from your phone using the car speakers - you wouldn't actually transfer the MP3 files. I don't know if you'd use the phone interface or the car music player for this?

If you are using Android Auto, either wirelessly or via the cable, you would see the phones applications on the car touch screen, and you'd use the phone music application on the big touch screen to play the music through the car speakers.

All this is guessing - my current car options are CD, SD card or aux in! (And apologies to RichR... I haven't read the manual yet! ;) )
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post