Phone cable

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Can someone please explain the correct cable linking the car and phone. I have been in all the shops in town, showing pics of the twin usb ports in the dash of the Enyaq to staff and nobody seems to really know what's needed. All I know is, I just bought a mobile first time ever, because it goes with the car, its got a 3 pin charger with cable and a miniature USB connector that that goes in the phone. I need a cable for Data transfer and charging: I think?
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

It would be a usb c to whatever the phone end is.
I believe there is android auto wireless in the car so you'd only really need it to charge
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

It's a USB C cable, to use Android Auto/Apple Car play this is done through wireless connection.

To charge an Andriod Device you need a USB C to USB C for Apple you'll need a Lightning to USB C cable.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Does the mobile 3pin charger have a ‘fixed’ cable? It may have USB connection to the cable which you could use in the car. You should also be able to ‘connect’ the phone to the car using Bluetooth. What phone is it?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If you tell us the brand Samsung/Apple/Google we can help you out better.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

The exact one I bought for my iPhone 6S and 11 (when I prefer to have a direct link rather than wireless charging) is this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B097TR ... asin_title
Last edited by Goaty on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

iPhone 12 and 13 come with the correct USB C to Lightning cable, so I guess it’s not one of those.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Thank you everyone for all the help. Its an acatel 1S phone, my son specified it and it does have Android and Skoda connect on it, he paired it and set car heating for the mornings, he also attempted to transfer mp3 music files, but that didn’t work.

I read in the owners manual that the cable connection was for data as well as charging, I thought maybe mp3 go that way too: I’ve gotten very familiar with `Planet Rock’ but by now I'm yearning for some old favorites .

Alas I somehow also managed to delete the pairing, but luckily morning heating still works Monday to Friday. When son comes over again I’ll have a cable and just leave him to it. In mean time I’m relying on wife’s trusty old Nokia until I get the acatel 1S properly connected and me a bit more clued up using it.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.
andanother11

Post by andanother11 »

You need a usb c to micro USB 2.0
Enyaq iV 60, Quartz Grey, 100kW charging, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Parking Basic, Chrome, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, 20" Vega. Ordered 07/21, delivered 12/21.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

maybe somebody could confirm it's something like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-U ... th=1&psc=1
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post