What is your Enyaq Worth?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Just checked the secondhand value of my 7 week old, 900 mile Enyaq on a well known car website. Surprised to find it has lost £7k in value. In comparison on the same car website my 3 year old VW Up GTI has lost less than £3k or £1k pa. Realise we live in strange times and secondhand car values are at an all time high which surprises why my Enyaq should depreciate so much in such a short period.

I only did this out of interest, no intention of selling, however, not the valuation I was anticipating. Any thoughts?
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

I reckon given how long the wait lists are, you could find someone to buy it for the original sale price, or maybe even a little higher considering that you can provide a car right now, not in 52 weeks time!
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Guess it depends on who the valuation came from. Webuyanycar Price will reflect a little less than a dealer would pay at auction and they then have to add their margin on top. If that’s the case then they would likely sell at your expected value.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
desholly

Post by desholly »

I checked the other day it's only 6 weeks old with 900 miles £2800 less than what I paid for it.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Just used Cazoo for an online valuation of my car and they’ll give me £5k more than I paid for it! Tempted to order a new Enyaq and get a Towbar and a few other bits added in …

I have to drive my manual diesel campervan on Friday. It’s the first time I will have driven an ICE in over a month - not looking forward to the noise, handbrake or gear lever.

The question is can I wait 12 months for a new Enyaq if I sell this one!?!
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Daffo1950

Post by Daffo1950 »

I did the same out of pure curiosity and mine has increased by £1500 but have no intention of selling
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Online valuations are pointless, especially in these times of economic madness. Look on Ebay / Autotrader to see what they are actually selling for.

Cheapest used Enyaqs (60 or 80) I can find for sale are well over list price with several thousands of miles.

I would suggest that you would actually make money rather than lose £7k if you chose to sell yours. Unfortunately, I don't own my Enyaq as its leased but I do own a couple of other cars including a Yaris GR on order which I may decide to sell as they are worth a small fortune.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I wouldn’t say they were pointless, in fact far from it. I sold our previous car privately for £500 more than Cazoo offered. Only one buyer replied to the advert and said I’ll give you £xxx for It. I replied no thanks I can get more from Cazoo. We agreed the £500 extra. The buyer can use the online valuation as well. I suspect there would be few people willing to buy a £40k plus car privately but I could be wrong. But I agree selling a car via these types of companies can mean you don’t make as much as you would by a direct sale.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Ive just got a quote from Cazoo for my Ford Focus RS.

The cheapest on ebay / Auto trader is £21k with 80k miles. Mine has 10k miles and they have quoted me £20400. The cheapest car on auto trader with less than 20k miles is £29k and ive recently been offered £30k so they are way off. Ive noticed this with many sites. The best and most realistic quotes iv'e had are from "Motorway". WBAC and Carwow quotes are also way too low yet at Christmas they where spot on - WBAC offered me £33k in December.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I suppose the thing to remember about eBay and AutoTrader prices- especially with private sellers- is their expectations are often not realistic. I could put my Enyaq on eBay for 70 grand. Then someone seeing that would say “hey, they’re going for £70k second hand”. Of course, I’d never ever be able to sell it at that price. It’s always better to look at ‘sold’ history to see what they’re realistically going for.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post