What do you think so far?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
zice

Post by zice »

RichR wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 pm
However - I am that person who started reading forums like this, and downloaded, read and understood the manual 4 months before ordering. So my expectations are set before I even started playing with the configurator.
Amen to that...

foot tapper

Post by foot tapper »

We've changed from a BMW340i estate because we needed space for a giant breed dog in the back and wanted to go electric. We have home charging facilities (solar + 7kW Zappi 2 car charger). Having a home charger is a practical necessity in the UK at the moment due to the paucity of dependable public fast chargers.

In summary, a 5 star car with a 3 star infotainment screen and a 2 star app.

Having test driven a Tesla model 3 (would have tried a Y), VW ID.4, Ford Mustang Mach E and Audi Q4 e-tron, we chose the Enyaq on merit and fit for us rather than on price. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 and its sibling Kia EV6 are equivalent to but not the same as the Enyaq. However, for us and our somewhat large dog, the Enyaq's much larger rear space wins out over these two. YMMV.

The build quality has been frankly perfect, fit & finish and perceived interior quality are excellent, it's a solid, dependable, safe and enjoyable drive. The active lane assist is an absolute pain that causes the steering to occasionally fight us, so we switch it off every time we start the car. Once it's off, the steering is very good for a modern car. Ride quality is very good for an electric car but I would recommend keeping the wheel size as small as you can - bigger is worse in every respect other than appearance.

Range has been 280 miles in the summer, 230-240 in UK winter - but improving by 10-15 miles now that we use the pre-heating function while the car is still plugged in.

The app requires the car to have a reliable mobile phone signal for its SIM card to connect to the network. We don't have this where we live, so I connect the car to the home wifi network, which has brought a substantial improvement in reliability of the app's ability to connect to the car.

The main care point, other than having a home charger, is access to reliable dc fast chargers for long journeys. We have found BP pulse, Ecotricity and Genie point networks to be beyond awful, so we ignore them. Gridserve's new chargers, Instavolt and Ionity have been frankly good when we have used them, so we plan our long journeys to top up using these networks. The country just needs a lot more of them and fast.

Hope this helps,
Best regards, FT
Andy Enyaq

Post by Andy Enyaq »

Had mine 2 months and driven 2k miles. I'm doing 500 miles a week at the moment, to Falmouth and back from Portsmouth area. The car drives very well. Smooth, powerful and planted. I am yet to get over 200 miles (iv60) despite driving very carefully and following every rule in the book for improving range. I think it's mainly the cold weather...time will tell. I do find the infotainment a bit buggy, poorly laid out and frustrating. It does some things well, some things very badly, definitely room for improvement. The app is great but does suffer badly with the background infrastructure going down daily, it has much potential to improve. I find the car mostly comfortable and a pleasant place to be. For me the biggest drawback is not with the car but with the charging networks. Just awful...and don't expect it to be any cheaper than an internal combustion engine per mile if you ever use public chargers.
Racing Blue Metallic iV60 Loft
Parking Package Basic, Climate Package Basic,100 Kw Dc Charging, Cmft St Pck Bsc M+ Pfa/Pfb/Pfc+psb/Psa, Heat Pump, Drive Package Basic,Astd Drv Pkg Bsc M+pfa/Pfb/Pfc,Transport Package
andym69

Post by andym69 »

I've had an iV60 since September and have just hit 6000 miles, I do really like the car, but as others have said, there are a few niggles here and there.

- Range - on the iV60 I'm getting around between 160 and 180 on a full charge and this has reduced recently since the weather has got colder - I'd say this model is more a car for local journeys and not longer journeys
- App - it does the minimum I think, and as others have said, suffers from a lack of infrastructure behind it - sometimes you can't get in and it really takes too long to respond to requests but so far it's done what I've wanted it to
- Build quality - I like some of the extras you get that would normal cost more with other brands - I've had no issues with the car so far

In summary, the main point for me is the range on the iV60 sets it as a local journey car suitable for situations where you get home every night and charge at home back to 80%.

At the moment, because I do do longer journeys and have had to stop at services and charge for 20 or 30 minutes to make sure I'm not worrying about getting home - cold weather makes a big difference, as does using the AC and how heavy you are with driving speed (which is my downfall!).

I suspect all EV's suffer with cold weather and driving style so it's just something to be mindful of - the WLTPs to a degree need to be used as an indicator and reduced by a % then an individual assessment on a Brand / Model basis and existing owner experience.

All this said, I'm currently toying with swapping the car for an iV80 Sportline with heat pump vs looking at going all the way to a Tesla - I'd be very happy to own another Enyaq - so that must say something about the car. :-)

Hope this helps.
Delivered October 2021: Enyaq iV 60 Lounge, Race Blue Metallic, Assisted Drive Basic, Comfort Seat Basic, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Light and View Basic.
anotherjohn

Post by anotherjohn »

First week - have only done 190 miles with a mean 3.5m/Kwh
Absolutely love the car; it even impressed BMW fan son-in-law
Disappointed that the nearside mirror doesn't drop in reverse - but we've got the camera - just not really used to it yet
The sign-on screen is annoying & why can't it remember the mode setting & use the last setting as default. The Golf SV & Passat both remembered.
Race blue 60, 100KW, partition net screen, climate basic, convenience, transport, drive basic, assisted drive, parking basic. Collected 23May22
Retired

Post by Retired »

Hi all
Like "anotherjohn" I also had "Disappointed that the nearside mirror doesn't drop in reverse - but we've got the camera - just not really used to it yet" I read the manual and tried and tried many times to do what it tell me to do.
A few weeks ago I tried yet again and this time forgot to return the dial on the drivers door back from "Left & Right". to "O" (I had before read on this sight that it is "Left" NOT "Right" for us because we have right hand drive but the manual has not been written for Right hand UK drive.) Success..... the nearside mirror does now drop into reverse each time I reverse. The mirror dial now will now NEVER be put back to "O"
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Happy with the car apart from the constant electrical faults and issues and lack of options in app like showing car unlocked and where it is etc
Xplum

Post by Xplum »

Collected the car on May 21st (Arctic Blue, 60), beautiful drive, comfortable and everything we expected after the test drive eight months ago. Already booked our holiday in the Dordogne (delayed from May 2020) so glad our car arrived in time.
We took three days to drive down partly because of one year old grandchild travelling too and because we didn’t know how charging would be. We had a mixed experience with chargers particularly on the 2nd day when it was horrible trying to find one that worked, took our cards/apps and meant we lost out on our dinner reservation at our hotel in the Loire whilst charging up sufficiently to get there.
Arrived at gîte on Saturday all well. After lunch out Sunday a few kilometres away, and whilst driving back car suddenly flashed up loads of error messages: milometer disappeared, all parking assists and drive packages vanished and we limped back. Tried all the usual resets. Next day took it out and on return the same thing happened. Left a few hours tried again and all failures again very quickly. Phoned our dealer in UK for advice but they couldn’t do much obviously. Spent all yesterday phoning Skoda assist and after much battling they sent a technician who drove it a few metres and came back looking green and saying ‘C’EST DANGEREUX’!

E5EFE577-C9D7-4402-9D9B-33B0526DA794.jpeg

Car is being repatriated which might take up to three weeks.
Now faced with hire car which we can’t take back to UK, having to find new hire car when we somehow get to Bordeaux, cutting our holiday short and flying back to UK with three adults and child and all luggage that was in our capacious boot. Skoda assist tells us they will only pay for one bag!! We told them they will pay for all.
We feel upset, sad and disappointed with a car that has only done a thousand miles but grateful it go us here at least.
We will wait to see what happens next.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

What an awful experience, so difficult to have trust in the car after all that, hopefully they will be able to say exactly what the problem was when it's fixed,
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
Xplum

Post by Xplum »

The experience with Skoda Assistance has not been good. Yesterday we were told the car was going back to uk we hired a car last night which we can only have until Saturday as it has to stay locally and we are moving onto Bordeaux on Saturday and they are organising another car for then. Also to arrange return to UK for next week so we arranged flights late morning for return. No news from assistance so we call this evening to ask about car for Saturday only to be told they have found a garage that (thinks) it can fix it but they could not contact us because they were so busy at this point 🤬🤬 so we are waiting for them to contact us in the morning so we can cancel our flights (some hope) .love the car but SKODA do something about your support.