What do you think so far?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Andrewpain

Post by Andrewpain »

I'm not an owner, but I am seriously considering buying an enyaq 80 to replace my volvo XC60. Had it 5 years, been very happy, but it's a diesel....So I'm thinking I ought to go electric, and the Enyaq looks to be a very attractive package and good value for money, with a practical range. So I'm asking the people who know best what it's like to live with. The highlights, bad points "if I'd known this I would have bought something else", stuff you absolutely love etc.
And I'm aware that the volvo already includes the sunk investment of CO2, raw materials and any new replacement will entail more manufacturing pollution, so it's not a totally green decision.
So what do you think?

RichR

Post by RichR »

Loving it. Had no faults or issues in the two months of ownership. Every time I drive it, I'm impressed with how easy it is to drive, how quiet and smooth it is (and I've had an EV before), and how practical it is. The build and material quality is superb, probably better than any car I've owned before.

However - I am that person who started reading forums like this, and downloaded, read and understood the manual 4 months before ordering. So my expectations are set before I even started playing with the configurator. So yes, there are things that my ideal car would do differently, but my ideal car isn't made by anyone so this is as close as I'm going to get for now.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Short answer: brilliant drive, and I make excuses to go out in it! Very good quality and not disappointed following on from a 66 plate BMW.

Longer answer:
I think the biggest shock some people are discovering, is the range isn’t up to what they initially thought they’d be able to achieve (compared to WLTP). Who knows whether that’s down inaccurate sales advice or just misunderstanding what WLTP means.

I’ve had the Enyaq long enough now - and through a cold spell - to know how to maximise range and actually achieve over 280 miles on the motorway from a single 100% charge.

This type of range, I’m absolutely more than happy with. My ‘benchmark’ having never driven an EV before, was 200 miles. Being able to get way over that, in winter and without a heat pump, is really impressive and looking good for 300+ mile range in summer (on motorways).

But achieving this comes with some compromises; I need to keep speed below 60mph and accelerate gently - and keep the heating on no more than 21C.

60mph motorway driving would normally be frustrating but having ACC as part of the Assisted Drive pack, takes all the frustration away. It accelerates and decelerates for me so I don’t really have to think too much about it. I also have a bit of a ‘tortoise vs. hare’ theory here over longer journeys; driving slower might reduce the need for a charging stop which might be required when driving at 70… so the arrival time on a 200 mile journey might be less, and cost less too (from utilising my cheaper home charging range as far as possible and using expensive public chargers as little as possible).

I therefore regard ACC as one of the most important features - to help me maximise range, if that’s my intention for a specific journey.

I suppose the only two ‘experiences’ I’m yet to have - which may yet cloud my opinion of the Enyaq (or EV’s in general) is how it’ll handle in snow (not had any yet) and what our experience will be when we inevitably travel around Europe again - like we used to do every summer, but in an ‘easy to refill’ diesel. Those are my only two curiosities. I think everything else EV / Enyaq related, I’ve pretty much experienced- and am very happy 😃
Last edited by Goaty on Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
white67

Post by white67 »

I'm hopping over here from a PHEV forum so I have the infrastructure thing sorted - more or less.
(I have a 60 on order and coming to me at the end of the month.)

Your starter for ten : do you have charging facilities either at home and, if working, at work?
Alternatively are there facilities nearby and are you set up to access those?

If you have home charging to take care of your power ups, honestly, you'll forget what a pain it was to visit a filling station.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
KrisN

Post by KrisN »

white67 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:14 pm I'm hopping over here from a PHEV forum so I have the infrastructure thing sorted - more or less.
(I have a 60 on order and coming to me at the end of the month.)

Your starter for ten : do you have charging facilities either at home and, if working, at work?
Alternatively are there facilities nearby and are you set up to access those?

If you have home charging to take care of your power ups, honestly, you'll forget what a pain it was to visit a filling station.
Agree - with home charging and a bit of forethought, the current shortcomings of the charging infrastructure aren't a problem at all.

I have now done over 7000 miles and not had to queue for a charger (although I have had to leave a motorway services and go to the next one as the only charger on site was broken... Gridserve please start to deliver on your promises)

A 10m 3 pin cable also helps - Holiday cottages, friends houses, even a static caravan

And I still drive at the same speed on the motorway that I did in my ICE cars (careful not to confess to anything there)

Aside from that, the car is a dream to drive - smooth, comfortable, quiet and the travel assist does most of the work for me
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Dream to drive, Drive assist + a really great feature and used all the time, best car I have ever owned.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

Loving my IV60! I was budget constrained and PICG of £2500 allowed me to add a few options that I wanted. That said the Enyaq was the only that had the space I needed (dog box) - nothing else came close and besides they were all more expensive.

If I had had more money I would have added ACC and more Assist Options but I am new to the EV world and even Regen braking and lane assist are a novelty!

I opted for 21” wheels which are now very pricey, metallic paint and chrome pack. If I was to chose again I may reconsider and swap them out for other ‘inside’ options. The matrix lights would be nice but I didn’t have the £1000+ for snazzy blinkers!

The car is great to drive and a breeze to charge at home - I am retired so no long daily commute for me, so the 60 range is more than enough.

If you have the budget, go for the Sportline 80 - great styling and some more options as standard.

I compared pretty much every other ‘SUV ‘ - ID4, Q4 E-Tron, Ionic5, MACH-E - no contest!
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
marccdavison

Post by marccdavison »

Having previously had an XC70 (plus various other Volvos) and just collected an 80x I'd describe the Enyaq as feeling quite Volvo like when driving, it feels a lot more grown up than the Karoq Sportline I've just swapped out of.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Andrewpain wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:46 pm And I'm aware that the volvo already includes the sunk investment of CO2, raw materials and any new replacement will entail more manufacturing pollution, so it's not a totally green decision.
It never is, but my understanding is that ID4 and Enyaq offset what they cannot avoid, so it arrives as carbon-neutral as these things can.
Lovely car, well made, good to drive, and doesn't feel as big on the road as it actually is because of good mirrors and really tight turning circle.
I was expecting "typical" range around 75-80% of WLTP, but for our journeys and driving style it's exceeded that, even during the cooler weather so far.
It's fair to say the app is a work in progress, with servers offline a lot in the early months of ownership, and I personally have had a couple of minor ongoing glitches with the SatNav, but the basic car is the best I've ever driven in. Don't regret it one bit.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
Deleted User 474

Post by Deleted User 474 »

Great topic, I was going to start a similar thread as I'm curious how people are getting on.

On the Facebook Enyaq page, I keep hearing no end of bad news, starting to make me question if I should be spending 56k on this or just keep our Kodiaq and superb (all fully owned).

I'm hoping it's a case of people venting who have had issues , the ones with the positive experience aren't seeking out such social platforms to feedback their positive experience.

Top ones I have heard:

1) App being awful, servers down and generally not charging.
2) Range, obviously no one was going to get wltp figures but some appear to be at around 60% of that number.
3) several cases of an engine error - dodgy batteries and car being with Skoda with no date to fix, heard on here someone also had this.
4) public charging infrastructure being a bit rubbish i.e. broken or slow charging.

Still unsure why they didn't have OTA updates form Launch, it shows how the old car manufacturers have a lot to learn compared to Tesla etc when it comes to connected systems and agile development.

I hope VAG group fix ones in their control quickly , ours won't arrive for probably another 3-4 months so hopefully we will hear less of these problems.

P.s. with Electric Cars , they are not quite as green as people think. Raw metals for batteries (Nickel etc) usually in poor conditions for workers and a large amount of pollution involved in extraction. Horrible working conditions, many metal mines are not ESG compliant.

I'm invested in a few battery mines so know a few things about how widely they can differ. BMW have stopped using rare earths which is one of the worst for extraction and pollution, typically mined in Africa.

Volvo just mentioned an EV will become more green compared to a petrol at around 40-70k miles . The lower figure assumes green energy generation for the manufacturing phase. Then you have to consider recycling of battery which I believe VAG now have a plan for, previously this has been very challenging.

I still think reducing emissions on the roads is great, walking my dogs on a cold winter morning. Smelling diesel fumes etc makes you realise we cannot continue down this route. Hydrogen fuel cell is the future but that has its own challenges at present.